Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

battery and engine troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:00 PM
kurtf5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery and engine troubles...

Hi,

Im re-tuning my engine for the hot summer weather, i seemed to have it pretty good until it stalled on half a tank of fuel. Well, near enough half a tank. I had a sinking feeling when it happened, because my thunder tiger does the very same thing and i havnt fixed it, but i never use it anyway so im not fussed. What is causing it just to stop on 1/4-1/2 a tank, then restart just fine? It wasnt even overheating (234F)

Second thing, i bought a hump pack for my car and a charger about 4 months ago, on the charger box it says "For Ni-cd batteries" and the hump is Nimh as most already know, it still charged it, though it only lasted about 3 tanks worth of fuel, if that. Now it only lasts half a tank, before my trusty failsafe kicks in due to low battery. Did te charger cause this? Bearing in mind i have used the charger for about 4 months, but in this time i have only got about 3 tanks worth before the battery died.

Please reply.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:27 AM
amec

Default RE: battery and engine troubles...

Have you checked the fuel lines for cracks, or a blockage in the carby. You could try running a tad richer and see if it helps.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:26 AM
ilker

About the charger...I would get one for NiMh batteries. For example, I have a Duratrax Piranha and I can charge all my roto, transmitter, receiver hump and glow igniter batteries.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 AM
kurtf5

ORIGINAL: amec

Have you checked the fuel lines for cracks, or a blockage in the carby. You could try running a tad richer and see if it helps.
There is no blockage or fuel line cracks, it only happened once. I havnt been able to try it again though because of the battery...
Old 06-05-2006, 09:58 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: sakkulli

About the charger...I would get one for NiMh batteries. For example, I have a Duratrax Piranha and I can charge all my roto, transmitter, receiver hump and glow igniter batteries.

I agree this is one of the chargers I have and the one I use the most. Very good charger for the money. All so watch out using the wrong charger for the wrong battery could cause more then one problem.