Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

True Turn 6inch Spinner and DA- 150 problem

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

True Turn 6inch Spinner and DA- 150 problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
moldmaker
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Turn 6inch Spinner and DA- 150 problem

Any body tried using a tru-turn 6 inch dia. spinner and DA-150 This is the Ultimate style spinner . Problem i have incountered is that the 6 inch screw is two short only a 1/8 inch of threads in prop shaft not enough . The prop shaft on my eng is 1 1/4 inches long . Measured a 3w- 150 shaft at 1 1/2 inches long which would work .Called Tru Turn they say they have not heard of any problems with this issue . Called Da to see if all shafts are same length they said they are all the same 1 1/4 inches long
Any body had this problem???????? Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: True Turn 6inch Spinner and DA- 150 problem

You should be able to get an extension from Dave Brown for your engine. I got two extensions for my 6" Ultimate spinner. That way I could use a normal-length bolt to hold the spinner on.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

If you know the length that you need, and the thread size, you may be albe to get a bolt to fit from a fastener shop. Hardware stores do not always have what Im looking for so I now find bolts at fastener type shops. They usually have the hard to find bolts. For example, I can never find anything in a 10/32 allen bolt longer than 2"..... Well at the fastener shop, I got my 3" and 3 1/2" and 4" allen head 10/32 bolts. Worked for me! Good luck to you.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: Flymyplane

If you know the length that you need, and the thread size, you may be albe to get a bolt to fit from a fastener shop. Hardware stores do not always have what Im looking for so I now find bolts at fastener type shops. They usually have the hard to find bolts. For example, I can never find anything in a 10/32 allen bolt longer than 2"..... Well at the fastener shop, I got my 3" and 3 1/2" and 4" allen head 10/32 bolts. Worked for me! Good luck to you.

I thought the same...but when i got my order of bolts..the head was larger then what tru-turn use's..had to grind it down some to fit in the spinner cone.