Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA Engine with a 3W ignition??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA Engine with a 3W ignition??

Just wondering if I can use my spare 3W ignition for a 3W 150 with my DA 150??? or do I need one from DA
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DA Engine with a 3W ignition??

Why would you want to do that!!?? Get one that will work and stay with the DA unit.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 AM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is the old style 3W you should be able to use it, I let a buddy use my spare 3W ignition when his DA ignition went out and ended using a DA ignition on my 3W 150 when I plugged the battery in backwards and fried my 3W ignition. If the 3W ignition is the new style (the one with the tach lead) it will not work.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ryan Nau

Just wondering if I can use my spare 3W ignition for a 3W 150 with my DA 150??? or do I need one from DA
If you utilize the pick-up as well as the module and its earlier vintage its doable. The DA and 3W pick-up units are wired differently, that said one could rewire the pick-up connector if need be. The inverse is true too, a DA ignition system will work on a 3W. The latest 3W ignitions are not compatible for swap overs as the hubs require a different magnet orientation if memory serves me.