Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

a diferent type of crawler

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:07 PM
ScRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a diferent type of crawler

well i beleave that the best way to aproach crawling is by useing indipendent sespension. my revo has 7 inches of travle, and by travle i mean that all tires are touching the ground!

http://scrcracing.zoomshare.com/albu...at/webchat.css

just copy and paste that link there or just go to http://scrcracing.zoomshare.com/ and check out hte gallery. i was just wondering if anyone else rock crawls with they'r revos. beacause there are no classes for it so i just run agenst my frends and with my imex mudd dawgs with out foam filled witih bbs , its hard to beet me on smooth steap rocks. granted its no tlt but it sure is in my opinion, alot more fun. pls i doubt that any tlt can go crawl as good as my revo and with a quick tuning of hte slipperclutch and a change of tires do backflips ! i was just wondring if there are anyother revo crawlers out there and maybe we could share set ups! aim me at ScRacing or e-mail me at [email protected] if yu want. hears my set up

Trinity sirio 23
integy 3 shoe clutch
integy alluminum skidplates
13 tooth clutch bell
42 tooth spure
close ratio tranny
50K diff oil, i still race at the track so i can't go to radical
and curently thats about it in the drivetrain department, i recently destroyed my front diferential so its 2wd drive now so its not much of a crawler at the moment althoe i ordered all new parts from tower ! [8D] .

Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
dezfan

Default RE: a diferent type of crawler

A Revo as a crawler? [X(]

Have you ever seen a rock crawler?

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
ScRacing

i didn't say it was the best craler but i have driven many and used to help a guy at the local hobeystore put kits together and from what i can tell i could biuld a crawler useing the revo a-arm design and put all those tlts to shame ! [8D] but that takes time and money inwich i don't have enough of eather.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
dezfan

Never questioned your building skills. The nitro powered REVO just ISN'T a crawler. You can drive it on the rocks, but that doesn't make it a crawler.

As for the Revo armed crawler, I'd like to see it.

Don't know that it would out crawl the Grunt (my 2.2 TLT), but it would be cool to see it try!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59291.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	480543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11170.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	480544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28912.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	480545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36212.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	480546  
Old 06-22-2006, 02:36 AM
ScRacing

well with the cantileaver shock desidn there really is no limet to how much travle you can have, i might have to experiment... maybe i could buy a revo 3.3 roler in a few months or so and turn it into a e-revo and go from there , infact i would probubly pull out the plasma torch and probubly blend the revo chassis cantileavers into the e-maxx frame and get some hv maxx engins, hmm i see a several K project. o and if you read the latest adition of rc car actions monster trucks, they said that the revo wasn't to fare behind the perpose biult eletric crawlers and it was the most fun ti drive....must have ben crappy crawlers then ?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:02 PM
dezfan

Well RCCA has it's own "unique" view on crawlers. I have had a discussion w/ one the writers form RCCA on this matter for this very reason.

RCCA says that a Revo can be a crawler, so it must be so.

I really don't want to discourage you from building a crawler. I just don't want you to build a nitro power version (because RCCA said it can be done) and be disappointed w/ the outcome.

If you have driven a true crawler, then you will know the differences between to two.

Good luck and I want to see that Revo armed crawler you were speaking of. Sounds interesting!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
ScRacing

lol , i my friend has a e-revo and it will flip over instently , it has 2 hv max engins but for nitro class, it will beat any of the massproduced trucks and thats good enough for mine
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Haulin Azz

check my gallery to see my independent suspension e-mammoth crawler
Old 07-09-2006, 04:30 PM
byebye

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

i didn't say it was the best craler but i have driven many and used to help a guy at the local hobeystore put kits together and from what i can tell i could biuld a crawler useing the revo a-arm design and put all those tlts to shame ! [8D] but that takes time and money inwich i don't have enough of eather.
Nitro crawling, during it's infancy is not going to be a hobby for either the under funded, or under equipped........you're gonna need mucho bux, or a very well equipped mini-machine shop, as well as a circle of freinds all seeking the same goal to conquer all the obstacles.....it ain't gonna be easy. Support is ALWAYS welcome tho. And all affirmative ideas are worthy of consideration.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:33 PM
dezfan

Very true.