Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Lanier Fun-Fly 40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Lanier Fun-Fly 40

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 05:55 AM
georgehere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Fun-Fly 40

Hi Guys...Had a battery problem and just crashed my Lucky Lady. Was running an OS32 Heli with a tuned pipe, and it screamed. I can buy a new in box Lanier FunFly 40 ARF, but this guy is going on vacation in the morning, so I need to buy it before then. The specs say .19-.46 engine and 48inch wingspan. Lanier makes a pretty sturdy plane, but two questions....Do I have enough power to have fast flight and has anyone had any experience with this plane as to it's durability and flying habits. It's a taildragger. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:26 AM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

I "had" one.....Mine was awful ugly, flew ok, crashed it bad before I got to really put it through some moves. Look at it first, they look good in pictures, but not in your hand! Had a Super Tigre .45, it was fast! If it's cheap (real cheap!) then you might be ok.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:52 AM
georgehere

Thanks for your input, Duane. After I got over the trauma, and had said I would can it when I got home, I found that the FunFly40 was a vacuum formed fuse and foam wing covered with balsa, and I pondered the possibility of a rebuild on the trashed plane.......it flew so good... Work has started, and it may be stronger than before. I had to make a complete set of tail feathers for it before I crashed, and they were still intact and I hated to destroy my hard work......so on with the CA and Epoxy....
George
(the Fun Fly was on Ebay and sold for $50 plus $19 shipping)
Old 12-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Duane-RCU

They are only $49.99 from almost any hobby shop..and cheaper shippinig too....EBAY is a rip-off sometimes.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:11 AM
georgehere

Tower Hobbies on the net had one as a Kit for $54, so I thought the ARF would be higher...don't think they make them anymore...good move on my part, not to buy. These people always shoot me down with high shipping costs. Do you still have the yellow Mustang in the pic? Looks like...is it a Boss 302?
Old 12-30-2002, 01:22 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Tower has the ARF mislabeled as a kit. I have for one that I'm trying to sell locally for $40, and I think that is a fair price for a NIB plane. It isn't the prettiest but should be a really nice flyer.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:55 AM
Duane-RCU

Hey George, I still race the Mustang, it's a 460 though, no Boss. I rent a storage stall at the track so I have more room in the garage for airplanes. (need to re-think #1 hobby?) The Fun-Fly was ok, but I used it for my first big plane, and had several mishaps, that made it heavy, and crooked, it broke the plastic fuse, and I never got it straight, it was bowed. Moved on to a Pizzaz, and glad I did.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:44 AM
georgehere

Duane, every time I rebuild a crashed fuselage I swear I will just trash the plane and go for a new one. I bought a fuse kit for my Tiger 2 after I lost it in the sun...broke the Saito 56 barrel right off the engine, but it was my best plane, and the aft fuse was good as was the wing, so I pieced in most of the front half of the fuselage....sent the engine off for a rebuild which was less than a new engine, and the plane flies great...fuse ain't straight, but you really have to look,,,and I took the most accurate measurements and just about stood on my head to get it right.
Funny you would say Pizazz. It was a toss-up between the Pizazz and the Dazzler...good reports on both.....BUT (get this)..I'm rebuilding the crashed racer fuselage.