Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Velocity Stack for Brisson 5.8?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 12:18 AM
Rumble
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Stack for Brisson 5.8?

I am having a problem with the mid range on a Brison 5.8. I have ordered and received a velocity stack from Brison; however the midrange only got worse. The engine is mounted on H9 Sukhoi and the length of the stack actually puts it outside the cowl quite a bit. Also the stack is "bell mouthed" designed. I would like to try one with the angle cut(facing back-wards or down). Does anyone know of someone who makes an angle cut stack big enough to fit the 5.8 carb??
Bolt spacing is 1.25 inches(31.75mm) and throat diam.
is 0.89 inches or (22mm).
Old 12-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Velocity Stack for Brisson 5.8?

You are in luck. B&B Specialties has it and you can see it here:
http://bennettbuilt.com/page2.htm

Just to be sure, I have one of these stacks and I held it up to a Walbro SDC carb. It will fit fine. I fly a Brison 5.8 in my Ziroli Corsair without a velocity stack and do not have a mid range problem. It runs great all the way from idle to full throttle. I wonder if your carb atmospheric sensor diaphram is sensing some strange air pressure variances causing the problem. Also you may be able to help the problem with the carb adjustments. Maybe rcign will hop in here with some advice.

Ken