Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

crow mixing Kingcat PCM 10X???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

crow mixing Kingcat PCM 10X???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
clguru
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crow mixing Kingcat PCM 10X???

Last night my friend and I where trying to set up the crow mixing on his Kingcat. PCM 10X radio
He also has a Bobcat composite. The mixing on the Bobcat works perfectly using BVM,s latest instructions.
We setup the Kingcat the exact same way, but we can't get it to work.
I used pm 51 to mix flap to flap and went to 17 and deactivated the flap slider. Even with the flap slider set to INH, the damn thing still works. WHY!!!!!!
Also he tells you to hit page while your doing the flap to aileron mixes and move the land icon to the upper position, this is so the crow will activate only when the land switch is in the full down and not the mid position. That doesn't work either!! The crow mix moves when you go to the mid position and the land position.
Since we set up the Bobcat the same way using the same radio, I'm absolutely baffled as to why it works fine, and where having all these difficulties whith the other airplane.
Obviously there is a different setting somewhere.

Any Ideas??

Thanks
Dan
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: crow mixing Kingcat PCM 10X???

Dan,
Here's how I have the crow set-up on my KingCat, and it works perfectly.

Mix code 51, is Aile-Aux 2. Press enter, POS 0 =100%=100% offset 0; press page twice. Master=NORM, Trim = ON.

Mix Code 52, is Flap-Aile, press enter, Offset is +0, POS 0, +0, +0, Press page once, POS 1 switch F2. (up). Press page again, MASTER is ORIG (should show #FLAP-AILE.
Mix code 53, is same as above....don't ask me why...I think I may have duplicated it accidentally....it works just fine.
Mix code 54 Rudd-Aux 4 Adds steering fine tuning to nosegear servo plugged into receiver port Aux 4 POS 0 =150% -150% offset 0, press page, switch F2 to pos 1, press page, Master Norm, trim ON.
Mix code 57 Gear-Aux 3 (turns brake servo off when gear retracted...saves brake air pressure in case you move aux 3 slider while in flight with gear up). POS = 0, Offset =0%, offset=0, -0%, press page twice, Master is NORM.
Code 83 Throttle trim rate 100%, all others 1% Master+NORM, TRIM ON.
Code 17= Aux 2 INHIBITED All others active. Press page, FLIGHT MODES: D/R SW = ELEV; EXTRA = INH; FM TRIM = ACT: press page, FLAP = INHIB
Code 63 E-F MIX =0, -0
Code 66, AUTO LAND INHIB; ELEV Mid U15; ELEV Land U25; FLAP Mid D64; Land D 117; press page, FM-0, FM-1 mid, FM-2 Land, FM-3 Land, FM-4 FLAP

If this is too hard to follow, and I'm getting lost, just drop me your e-mail address, and I will e-mail you my file from my JR Data Safe II. Just upload it into your transmitter from your Data Safe using a new address in code 84 MODEL SELECT.

Make sure that your flap slider (On the left side) is in the "UP" position, or it won't work correctly. Tape it so it won't get moved on ya.

Also, my set-up uses the elevator dual rate switch to activate the flaps and the crow. (The flap system switch is inhibited).

Harley Condra
BVM REP
JetCat REP
Old 07-08-2006, 07:53 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dan,

A better way to set up the program using the 10X is by activating the Quad Flap programming under screen 22. By doing this you will plug the left aileron into the aileron port, left flap into the flap port, right flap into the aux 2 port, and right aileron into the gear port. Once accomplished by activating the quad flap programming go into screen 17 and inhibit the following switches: gear, flap, aux3, aux4, and aux5.

If using the gyro you will plug it into aux3 and activate the gyro menu (screen 44) and set it where aux3 controls the gyro. Set brakes and retracts to channels 9 and 10 respectively.

Setting up the brakes is a P-mix (screen 51) using aux 3 - aux 4. Once inside page twice and turn the mix type to ORIG, then page back and set your values. This will move the brakes from aux 4 to the right slider. Set your values.

Setting up the retracts is a P-mix (screen 52) using gear - aux 5. Once inside page twice and turn the mix type to ORIG, then page back and set your values. This will move the gear from aux 5 to the retract switch. Set your values.

You will need to use a matchbox for the elevators, which in turn wil ensure precise control and throws of both elevators.

You will be able to set each flap and aileron throw to exactly what you want and will be able to set the differential (I use approximately 10%).

This should get you going.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley---What channels are the ailerons plugged into???

Kevin
Old 07-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Kevin,
Left aileron in channel 2, right aileron in channel 7.
I e-mailed the program to Dan.

Harley
Old 07-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Something is not correct in your attempts Dan.....no way that inhibiting flap on #17 won't deactivate the flap slider......
and no way not to have the "Land" function not work.....these are hard wired into the 10X software.....
Keep it simple Dan....use BV's latest crow setup instructions.....the setup using the full forward left slider, taping it in place is the old BVM setup for the Kingcat which he superseded with the new instructions on the BobCat ARF site....

I have recently set up 2 Kingcats, 2 Bobcats and 2 Boomerang XL's for myself and club members using BVM's latest Crow setup as listed under the Bobcat ARF kit addendums......absolutely no problems.....no need to worry about the postion of the flap(left)slider as it is deactivated after step #1...

I would suggest clearing all your mixes from 51-54, and then check to be sure no other mixes in the 50's or 60's that might be causing a conflict..I set my flap/crow up first, then do the other mixes for the brakes, etc. later....

Be sure left aileron is plugged into the aileron port, right aileron is plugged into aux 2 and the output from either a 'Y" or matchbox connecting the 2 flaps servos is plugged into the flap channel....

Then just follow the 4 steps outlined in BV's Crow setup......

Be sure you enter all the "Store" points or it will forget your selections.....also, be sure to set the -86 offset in step 1 and store it or nothing else will be right......

I personally don't use the "Land" selection as I like crow on mid and full flaps.....I never use flaps for takeoff, so I use the mid-flap postion with crow for landings when there is a strong cross wind, since full flaps on a KingCat with a crosswind can get hairy if you happen to touch down a bit too fast or with the nose cocked off the centerline......

Just a couple of other things to check....on #22 make sure wing type is normal, NOT Flaperons.....and whenever you come to the screen in the mixes asking if you want trim to function, be sure trim is activated.....

Other setups I use are brakes on Aux 3 right slider.....adjustable nose wheel on Aux 4 if I don't need that channel for something else like smoke.....otherwise both rudders and nosewheel on a matchbox, and a matchbox on the flaps.....you can choose to have dual elevators on separate channels on the KC and Boomer, but I chose to use a Y instead...I needed the channels....I prefer not to use a matchbox on elevator per BV's suggestion.....

Also, on page 3 of a mix, say 51, for instance, be sure under MASTER that Normal is selected and not an Origin mix, which can screw things up....Origin is only used when you want to transfer a function, like the gear switch to another switch like Aux 4 rotary knob or aux 3 right slider.....

One final note that BV's instructions don't mention is that you probably should inhibit Aux 2 switch on #17......that way you will never bump it while flying which could be disastrous and then you could also Origin mix another function like smoke to Aux 2 switch from say Aux 5 channel.....I do that as I prefer smoke as a 3 position switch rather than on a rotary knob......

Hope this helps....

Tom

Old 07-10-2006, 07:29 PM
clguru
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for all the info,
I think that wing type is what we skrewed up.
His bobcat works perfectly using BVM's info, so it was something that we did.
Oh !!! and by the way, deactivating aux 2 is a major thing, if you don't do it a major crash would be imminent!!!!!!

Thanks for the info these radios can be very confusing I still don't understand what offsets do.

Dan
Old 07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So when using an AMT turbine what switch/chnl is used for turbine aux chnl?

I think BVM's change to Jetcat is why the newer instructions.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
S HARRIS
My Feedback: (6)

C/f I am flying Amt also on my KingCat and am using aux 4 for brakes mixed to the snap roll buton and using aux 3 for turbine control(since failsafe is not used on 4 or 5 on the 10x). Hope this helps Scott
Old 07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Have not used Aux channel on any of my AMT's since Bennie came out with the V2 ECU, which is single channel capable, a couple of years ago.....

Single channel failsafe programming for AMT NL and JetCat is essentially identical.......you simply use 2 different ATV ranges on the throttle channel.....one is your regular operating throttle ATV and the other is the out-of-range ATV that kicks in whenever RX goes into failsafe......that alerts the ECU to start bringing the motor to idle during the first second of failsafe, and shut it down if failsafe persists for 2.0 sec.....thus AMA 2005 compliant.....

Tom
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Ian Shaw

Hi, does anyone know how to set up the Kingcat flaps on a 9xII ?? I have a matchbox, and I seem to be struggling, after lots of attempts.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM
amjflyer

I thought everyone was on single channel ECU's these days, theres simply not enough channels otherwise.