Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whats the difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:18 AM
sushipixel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference

Well lets say i was to choose these two cars , which would be better :

1 ) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJHZ3&P=7

2 )http://h1069375.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=CIS94068

I was reading the first one , and it said hop-ups wernt available for this car , so does that i wount be able to change parts and switche them around ? Is the second able for hop- ups ?

Well in general which would be a good starter car , that comes complete ?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 AM
rcxboy

Default RE: Whats the difference

So you are buying a car based on the body it comes with?
Those dont go offroad either, not even really easy to run on grass.If you want to run offroad you'll have to get a buggy, stadium truck, or monster truck. Save your money, and get one of these if you want a impreza, but seriously, those arent true hobby cars, what you had before. You wouldnt be able to get decent parts, upgrades etc for them AT ALL, they dont even use typical batteries! even a fleabay chinese ripoff would be better, but i wouldnt recommend it...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWN0&P=0
Yes, it is a kit, but they are easy to assemble if you take your time and think about it carefully! It'll cost about $150 all up after radio gear and a charger+batteries though, but it'll be well worth it!

And to answer your question, the Tamiya would be better starter car, but a crappy fleabay hobby grade r/c would be better, and even better, the kit i recommended. (you'll need to buy extras for that, but it doesnt hugely matter.)
Old 07-16-2006, 01:39 AM
sushipixel

Shoot i just figured out i posted it in the wrong forum , sorry about that , what i really want is a touring car , or rally car . Soory about the mix up . Well about the cars its not about the body , i was just looking around and i came upon those cars . Thanks for the suggestions . Would this be a better car for onroad driving ? http://tamiya.com/english/products/5...rift/index.htm
Old 07-16-2006, 02:37 AM
rcxboy

I would think so, but i'm no expert at onroad, except that from what ive heard the tt-01 is a good chassis.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 AM
mikewoodkozar

TT--01 is about as basic as it gets and there is almost no room or ability for adjustability. A TC3 or TC4 would be a better bet.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Dokioto

The TT-01 is a great beginner car for bashing and racing that is if you choose to race. But a TC4 would be a better choice, but for the price of the TT-01 you can't go wrong.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
razor 2.o

the tt-o1 is a great biggner car as every body said and if youjust put a 19tmotor in it you get a drifter
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
sushipixel

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

TT--01 is about as basic as it gets and there is almost no room or ability for adjustability. A TC3 or TC4 would be a better bet.

Yea the price is the only thing keeping me from getting a TC3 , and since there arnt many shops around here the prices are sometimes inflated . Well ill be checking out TT-01 . Then save up to the , or convince my parents ... to get a TC3 or 4 . Also anybody know if the TT-01 is sold anywhere already built ?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Dokioto

ya, look at Tower Hobbies. There are a few different bodys you can get it in. Heres one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJSW1&P=RF But if you didn't no it doesn't come with a battery or a charger.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:05 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: razor 2.o

the tt-o1 is a great biggner car as every body said and if youjust put a 19tmotor in it you get a drifter
I had a TT-01 setup for drift, and i preferred a stock 27 turn motor for drifting, you really dont need much top end.

The P2K pro was my favvy
Old 07-16-2006, 11:32 PM
sushipixel

Thats fine about the charger , i have my other 9 volt battery and charger from an RC car i had before . Thanks for pointing out the car . Also if i was to get a kit and build it , would they sell seperate bodies already painted ?
Old 07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Dokioto

You could probably find a few painted bodys. And you could also look on eBay for 190mm painted bodys.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Dokioto

You have a 9 volt battery? You need a 6 cell pack for the tt-01, like this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDND9
Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 AM
sushipixel

Thanks , my mistake i read it . Ill check out ebay , thank you all for the help . This has really helped me Alot .
Old 07-17-2006, 10:32 PM
sushipixel

Could the chasis be converted to a rally car ? Also does the battery come with a charger ?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Dokioto

I don't no about changing to a rally car, you might be able to but I don't no. The battery dose not come with a charger. I use this charger http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUF46&P=7 . It works grate for me, but it is a little expensive.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
sushipixel

Really i have to buy a seperate charger ? Wow , i never knew that . Thanks .
Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
rcxboy

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEHB6&P=7 is a good charger for a newbie.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:39 PM
sushipixel

Okay i got it . Now the problem is I hooked everything , and i went to test it , and the car will just accelerate withought me pressing it . And when i press accelerate thats when it stops ? I have no idea whats going on .
Old 07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
rcxboy

oh dear, this is what happens when you don't read the instructions for your gear.

Have you set the ESC? it should have a button to press, and if you read in the instructions you can figure it out, as i dont know what esc you have. Also read the manual for the radio gear to learn about trims. There should be some little dials or slides to adjust the neutral points of your esc and servos on the transmitter.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:27 PM
sushipixel

Actually i DID read the instructions . But it only comes in a diagram and the manual is for differnt models . Well i figured it out , and it works great now .