Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

T-15 bogging out

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:50 PM
jpachill1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-15 bogging out

My T15 was tuned and running great. Now, when it is cold it runs fine but as it gets hotter it bogs out. It is like it is getting flooded. Thanks guys for your help.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
silent_echo

Default RE: T-15 bogging out

u need to tune the engine for the temp it is running in. if you run it on a cold day and its great. your going to have to re tune it for a hot day. your problem lies in your tuning needles (duh) lean out the high speed a bit and maybe even lean the low speed needle a touch and only a touch. gotta be careful with the low speed needle
Old 07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
jpachill1

Thank Silent Echo, but, I found the problem. After trying to figure out why a well tuned machine wouldn't work all of a sudden, I happened to look in the fuel tank. I thought it was a piece of dirt, but when I pulled it out with needle nose pliers it was a retainer clip that was broken in half. I couldn't figure out were that came from, till I finally rigged up an old fuel tank and low and behold it ran fine. When I went to the hobby shop I looked in the new tank. If you open the lid of the tank, on the inside there is a retainer clip. It must have been sucking air through there some how after the clip broke off. How that happen is a mystery.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 PM
silent_echo

ohh thats another good thing that could ahve happened. for some reason the pressure from the pipe wasnt pushing the fuel. causing the engine to stop. good play to check