Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage .25

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:15 AM
brownstone101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage .25

hey i have finley got some $ now from working at nabors i have cashed in about 345$ in 1 week and im 14 and i work this week to and hopefully make any were from 30-50$ this comeing week and that will set me in the 400$ mark and im puting half of it in the bank so i will have around 200$ but my perents are ok with giveing me the rest of the $ to get it so i can get it why its still summer and i will just pay it off as i work more and more ( could have it payed off in about 1-2 months, have to keep puting in bank) but if there 100% ok with it i could get the savage in a few weeks now i know how when i have posted on here b4 every ones like GET THE new savage with the .28 or what ever and now it will be the savage X well i cant afford the new savages but i could get a savage .25RTR and enjoy it. i do have an evader ST so i know what im doing its just more truck. i just need something that im not breaking it every other run ( been doing good havnt broke evader in over 2 months) but i want a very reliable truck that wont get stuck on a patch of grass ( has happend) now with the savage .25 what is there i should watch out for and i love to take things apart so i think before i even break in the motor im going to set it up my way and get thread lock on it( i know what im doing) i would just like to know ahead of time what to look out for or some good things to do B4 i even run it.
thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 AM
brownstone101

Default RE: savage .25

edit* i think im goign to find a savage SS .25 kit and swap over the servos from the evader (yes i do have a MG HIGH tq servo for the evader its over kill) and use the savage and retire the evader for a little bit untill i got my track all ready so i think that will be way better for me and i like to build things so i probly could have the SS up in 2 days or if i started in the morning easly by that afternoon cause i rebuild my evader all the time and its like an hour at most
Old 07-24-2006, 02:16 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A stock Savage 25 RTR is still totally awesome..
Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
brownstone101

yea im thinking of geting the RTR one in a few days its just the SS was a consideration i got a mg high tq servo in my evader (130oz tq) so i thought i would swap that into the RTR and swap the stock one out into the evader so it sets a little more balance and the savage needs the more power. and i would like to beable to take it out of the box and have it more in the right shape than the kit. i could do the kit its just it be more to beable to use both trucks.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
brownstone101

o i thought i had herd that the new savage .25sz had the cam type stearing setup am i right or wrong? if not that will be 1st on my list of upgrades
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I live in Germany, and here they advertise the Savage 25 RTR Spec 2 Version - which basically means that all Savages from 2005 on have the bigger air filter, 4-spyder diffs, AND the cam-style servo-saver.. %95 sure about that..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Chronic

All of the later Savage 25 trucks have the cam type servo saver and upgraded diffs already installed, that includes the 4.6SS and the Limited Edition.

With the SS kits you have to buy all of the electronics seperately, so keep that in mind. Ultimate Hobbies still had some of the RTR Limited Editions for $419 not too long ago. It's basically a Savage 25 with $130+ worth of upgrades already installed.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
brownstone101

well i checked towers price and they discontinued carying the .25 and i checked the price for the RTR and it was 439$ and i looked at the savage X and saw it was 450$ and im like piff for 10$ i can get an upgraded motor upgraded design and more easy to work on (IE quick access diff,trans,radio etc....) and more upgrades so im going to get the savage X for the 10$ off tower and with that i can look at all the new forums and get info because i havtn seen a savage .25 forum here in a wile so i made this
with that i say thanks to every one who was a help and i hope to see u on the forums
Old 07-24-2006, 01:46 PM
theddy

ultimate hobbies got hte savage x for 419$.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:11 PM
LivingLegend

if you want to drive an hour and not have to wait or pay for shipping you can get it from a place in portland called hometown hobbies and a-main raceway. i picked mine up from there 2 months ago for 440. i prefer to buy locally so i can actually see and feel what im getting and so that i have some local support with problems, not to mention the whole not having to wait a week thing.