Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Planned Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:40 PM
WoNkAkNoH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planned Purchase

Savage X/Battery/Charger Tower Hobbies Combo
DuraTrax Shark 6-Cell 1500mAh Sport Standard
HPI 5-Cell 6V 1200mAh Hump Receiver Pack
Ofna NiMh Battery Charger 110V AC
HPI Glow Plug Ignitor w/AC Charger
O'Donnell 20% Racing Quart (Few Quarts)
HPI 500cc Fuel Bottle
HPI Racing Temp Gun
Hobbico After Run Engine Oil 2 oz.
HPI Nitro Car Cleaner 13 oz.

Ill buy sometime before the end of the month. I live near palm springs where its in the low 100s & humid so I need expert advice about glow plugs etc... I read a little bit about cold are best for hot weather at osengines.com but I perfer getting the proper knowledge for I am a beginner.

Please discuss & ramble about anything what so ever regarding the Savage, my interests & helpfull tips, mandatory upgrades anything & everything to help protect & help me get the best out of my first Nitro R/C Investment.

This is a Great Community btw
Old 07-24-2006, 03:10 PM
LivingLegend

Default RE: Planned Purchase

odds are that when you get your savage the rotostart is going to break on you pretty soon, to aviod downtime you might want to invest in a pullstart, by doing this you wont have to deal with the rotostart which will break on you (when you need it the most probabally, but hpi will replace for free) plus you can cut the 6 cell battery out of your order and you will be even on cost, you could even sell the rotostart on ebay and try to make some cash.

also i dont see why your getting the combo with the battery and charger, but then your getting another battery and charger?

nitro car cleaner is something you dont need, most people just use an air compressor or simple green and paper towels.

and i would expect it to be significantly cheaper to buy fuel by the gallon and locally so you dont have to pay shipping.

everything else looks good, but some people on here are going to suggest that you get a failsafe, personally i dont have one, and i have not needed one, but people tell me that its going to come back and bite me in the butt one day.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I would get this hump pack; it is cheaper and is 1400 mAh.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXMGW5
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
WoNkAkNoH

So I can charge each of those battery packs with that one charger? I thought if I get the second charger just for the reciever pack I could charge them at the sametime rather than one than the other...good idea or no?

Does anyone know about the newer models that are out now about the mesh setup deals & spur gears etc? They still break or is it sorted out for the most part?

Thanks for that pack info. Ill have to hold off on the motor altho Id much rather have the pullstart Ill wait till this motor is properly broken in that way it will be a decent back up for the future.

Savage X Combo
HPI Glow Plug
Fuel Bottle
HPI Racing Gauge
SMC IB1400 6V 5-Cell Hump Receiver Pack

Please I appreciate any words of wisdom if you dont mind taking a few minutes to share a piece of mind, Thank You