Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help making a decision

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
A4rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help making a decision

I'm a total noob when it comes to the rc car world, and i'm not really sure whether i want a truck, buggie or street car but i'm leaning towards the street car and was wondering what some good brands were? i was looking at some of the HPI rs4 cars on ebay but i'm not sure if they are good or not. I'm not going to be playing with it too much, just every now and then so i dont need anything extreme but i also dont want a piece of crap. any help would be good. thanks
Old 08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: Help making a decision

Since you said your farely new to this, you might want to start out with an electric. But if you don't want to you should be able to handle going straight to a nitro. But I would go electric first becuase of speed, and since you are really new, a nitro going as fast as they do, it might be a bit harder. But it's your choice. A nitro 4-tec would be good because they are pretty basic and come with good instructions and a dvd. Very easy to use and good quality. But if you're not careful you could easily wreck going as fast as it does. For an electric, again you could go with the electric 4-tec which is the same except it's electric. They're pretty basic and easy to use. But it comes down to what you want.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 PM
A4rings

I've had alot of electric rc cars in the past, i think the brand was tyco or something like that.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 PM
A4rings

Oh and are the nitro 4-tec better then the hpi rs4's? thanks
Old 08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

check out my post in the ---rc car thread like acouple down====hit the link ---4-tec is awesome
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...rx_n4tec33.htm
Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
TBen-01

remember, you can run an offroader on the street, but you can't offroad a touring car. and real electrics can be every bit as fast as nitro. Brushless=fast with no maintenance