Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Pull start slippage

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:55 PM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull start slippage

I have a savage ss 4.6 with the stock engine and pull start. When I go to start it every couple of tugs it will slip. I've pulled the pullstart off and checked for wear but there isn't any. Also greased the shaft that the pull start mates to. That seemed to help some but it still slips every once in a while. Is this normal or should I replace the one way [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJYU6&P=Z]bearing[/link]
Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 PM
ELITE913

Default RE: Pull start slippage

its sort of normal. mine does that sometimes and it still starts fine.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:10 AM
nitroracer82

I just posted a thread on this topic a few days ago;

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4677865/anchors_4677865/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#4677865[/link]
Old 08-30-2006, 02:38 AM
boydie1

For starters I wouldn't grease the start shaft. Clean your start shaft & owb. As also mentioned in the other post referred to by silentvirgo82 check the oil content of your fuel. My LHS used to sell fuel that always made the owb slip. They then got in some other fuel that was great with no more owb probs. The idiots have sinced ditched that fuel & gone back to the original one. Now ........ If you guessed correctly, owb is now slipping again.[>:]
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Gravrober

/\ You wouldn't? well the shaft and owb are suppose to be greased. if nothing els read the manual.[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

I just read the other post and I too am usoing traxxas fuel. I bought it cause it was the only thing we carry at my work and I get 20% off anything I buy. Almost done the gallon so I'll switch back to what I was using before. Trinity monster horespower. Thanx for all your replies, I'll keep you posted if the fuel makes the difference.