Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

leak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:13 PM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak!!!

OK i have a problem with my sts .28 which is a new engine and i been trying to break it in and cant cause i have a idle problem i turn the engine on and up goes the idle so i take the engine apart and sealed the carb,backplate and everything i can think of i sealed and i let it seat over night and the next day i checked for air leaks so i pulled out the soapy water sprayed it all over the engine and the only leak i found was by the backplate shaft i see a lot of bubbles. so my question is can this leak be the problem of my uncontrollable idle be cause i turn it on again after i sealed the engine and still had the same problem with the idle please give me your opinion be cause im getting aggravated thanks!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: leak!!!

If you are talking about where the shaft for the pull starter comes out the backing plate I do not see any way it would not leak since there is not a seal there. Being all pull start engines I have seen are like that unless the fit is real loose I do not thing this should be a problem.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 AM
bennyblanco

you see thats what i was thinking! thanks!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
bryston
My Feedback: (2)

i had that problem with my xtm 457, try adjusting the low speed needle valve between 4-4.5 turns out, i knwo the factory recomend 3 turns, but try 4-4.5 turn and let me know. good luck
Old 09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
bennyblanco

i tryed that already and if is to rich the truck wont move.this sucks dude!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
bryston
My Feedback: (2)

if the truck does not move but the enging keeps running, start leanning the High speed needle, and again start at 4 turns for the high speed needle, then lean it by 1/4 of a turn each time. it should work. good luck