Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Questions about MVVS 26ccm petrol engine.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
HW50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about MVVS 26ccm petrol engine.

I plan to break in my new MVVS 26 IFS on a test stand, with the standard 3270 muffler.

Before doing so, I have a couple of questions which I hope you would comment:

From my experience with two stroke glow engines, mufflers tend to work loose if a gasket is used between the cylinder block and the muffler itself. I don't know if the MVVS would show the same characteristic, but would it do any harm if I leave out the gasket?

Is it ok to run the engine on Aspen fuel for chainsaws? Is it better or not as good as standard petrol? The 2 stroke variant has only 2% oil in it, and I suppose more oil must be added to be sufficient for the MVVS.

I have no problems getting hold of the Mobil 1 2T racing oil, so mixing my own fuel is not a problem.

Best regards,
Helge Walle
Norway.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Questions about MVVS 26ccm petrol engine.

I never use a gasket, but I do take care that the contact face is flat. A very light smear of RTV compound will be enough. (let dry 1/2 hour before assembly. This way mufflers will not loosen.
Aspen is a good fuel. Use 4-stroke Aspen, and mix with Racing two stroke all synthetic oil.
(Mobil 1-2T is Factory prescription)
With Aspen, very little choking is needed. It is easier to flood the engine. All else is the same. If you use the choke-start method, starting will be extremely easy.

See http://www.prme.nl/forum/viewtopic.p...68bebac3bfa0a0 for starting procedure.