Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

motor not workin write.. plz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
corona672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor not workin write.. plz help

hey i hav a savv 25 w/ a sts.28 in it...

first thing is .. my throtle breakage set .. broke... so i got a new one... wen i put it on i always thought that wen i broke, only the brake ( lever) would move back and not the brake and the throttle lever ( wats happing)... this will make the idle "hole" in the carb to open up wen i brake... so i set the brake full and it seemed fine... wen i tried.. and still trying to start her up shed idle.. ok, to somtimes fine by me adjusting the idle.. then set her on the ground.. nice somke wen i gave her some gas... then.. little more throttle.. and click... now its not running... i also saw that wen i gave it the gas... from were the carb slide was would move up and as i realeased, it would be open a liitle more of were i orginally had full brakes... even wen i was still at full brakes..

basically this is wat would happen during a run.. start uup... good idle. little gas.. good a little less gas and an out of controll high idle for a bout a halph a second until it dies..... ive done the spit test to make sure im not overheeating.. and this and that.. but the only thing i havent tried is going back to factory settings... if any one knows what the settings are.. or how to fix any of the other promblems.. please help asap!!!!

thanks for taking the time to read this..
Old 09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: motor not workin write.. plz help

Sounds like you have a considerable air leak, but it could be the settings so put them back to factory and start over...they are supposed to come 3 turns HSN 4.5 turns LSN from the factory.

You also should remove the servo horns from the servos and center them. Put the horns back on centered and readjust your linkages...sometimes it takes som playing with transmitter trims and linkage adjusting to get it right.... Patience is key. from my expierience what seems to be a disaster is usally the simplest fix....