Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

ARTF: Budget electric heli help..

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

ARTF: Budget electric heli help..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 12:32 AM
AnthonyUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARTF: Budget electric heli help..

I read in a mag about a 2 channel electric heli for £79.99! It was 2 channel made by kyosho/futaba/ripmax not quite sure, i would like to buy something similar that can be used both indoors and outdoors just for a bit of cheap fun!

Any suggestions please? Thanks guys.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Wright Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARTF: Budget electric heli help..

I think you are talking about the Kyosho HyperFly. If I was you I would not waste my money (I did a couple of years ago and regret it). Consider the fact that for only £100 more you could get the Piccolo FUN as an entry level heli. package and it's a REAL helicopter whereas the Hyperfly does not have a tailrotor and is flown much more like a plane than a helicopter (if you can get it to fly!). What's more the Hyperfly is most definitely NOT an indoor helicopter so if that's what you are looking for then the Pic FUN is a much better bet.

Having said all that the "real" helicopter I finally got for myself this Christmas is the www.litemachines.com Corona 120 electric helicopter because it's built to withstand first timer abuse and is generally considered to be the best entry level electric helicopter there is.

The ony downside is that you can't buy it in England so I ordered mine in the States then picked it up while I was over there on holiday. The entry level heli is $199 (~£125) but then you'll need 3 servos,. a gyro and transmitter/receiver plus some 2000mAh battery packs. One upside is that because it is "fixed pitch" you can use a basic four channel airplane radio rather than a mega-expensive heli radio (though some argue it's best to buy one at the outset so that when you trade up to a collective pitch heli you will already have a suitable transmitter).

Cliff

P.S To find out about the hyperfly, here's a page I wrote some time ago about the problems I had.