Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Align 430L Brushless motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM
ngbninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align 430L Brushless motor

Hi I have an Align 430L and i would like to know how many grams or pounds of thrust it can give out and also if a 15 amp b/l speed controller could work with it, I am planning to mount on a Glider.

Thanks
ngb
Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Align 430L Brushless motor

Pulled this off the web

Input voltage: DC7.4~14.8v

Max Continuous current: 17A-28A depending on version

Max Output Power:200W-300W(prox.) depending on version

KV Value:2250-3550KV

What this means, is this motor needs to be geared down to work on a glider. Depending on the gearing it will determine the amps and thrust. This motor is actually designed for Heli's so it is going to be hard to find someone that geared it for an airplane. You should get a 30 to 35 amp ESC regardless of the gearing. Generally a 250W motor (if set up right) can produce about 50-60 oz of thrust.

If you stick with a 15amp ESC, you will not get as much thrust and you are going to need to be really careful about gearing and prop size to keep your amps below 15.

Someone please correct these figures if they have used this motor in a plane.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
ngbninja

Default RE: Align 430L Brushless motor

Thanks, I did have this motor in a heli but the esc burnt out and only had a 15amp one spare, I am currently investigating wether I should use an electric motor and prop or a ducted fan on my glider which is still in final development so I am still flexible to choose power source.... Those GWS ducted fans any good? with a motor mounted in direct drive with an on/off switch.

And just for an idea of the plane it has a 2.25 metre wingspan, V-tail and aerofoil produces good amount of lift and can carry lots of escess weight, well my calculations have come to that anyways.

Thanks