Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would like to have a chatroom.
77.78%
No, i dont want there to be a chatroom.
22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

***Quick Survey****

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Quick Survey****

This is just somthing that i and many other RCu mebers ive talked to would like to have added to the site. Its simple:

Would you like to have a instant chatroom added to RCU?

thinking about it ive relized just how helpful it could be for those quick questions that needa fast answere. Please voice your opinions and If enough people want it i think they would add it too the site

you people who put that you dont want it. Could you please say why. If you arent gonna use it that doesnt mean you dont want them to put it on the site, you could just ignore it.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: ***Quick Survey****

Hey i could prolly talk to the admin and some of the mods here on RCU about that. That'd be great knowing its like aim.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:34 PM
specracer
Banned

That would be cool.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
125cchyperman

Thats would be alright. But one problem is I think people would use it all the time and for things not really associated to rc's. I can see things going off topic very quicke. But it would be a good idea if everything stays on topic and goes smoothly.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:06 PM
-whitey-

so who cares if people start talking other things
Old 09-23-2006, 09:22 PM
ssj2

I'd say yes for this one, it would be a pretty cool idea just as long as it didn't get out of hand. My guess would be that's the mods only reason against it, but it's cool IMO.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:11 PM
125cchyperman

Umm the mods will care.

Believe me they do care and they will care. It's an Rc forum, and the chat room will be on the rcuniverse site(if it's approved). They will care about whats said in there as much as they care about whats said in the forums. I think it's a good idea as long as it doesnt stray to far away from it's intended purpose.

But I think that would kinda take over the forum part and will be crowded in many ways. Easy to get words in and be heard, which is good for some and bad for others. Once again good idea but I can see it going bad in may ways though.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Rs43EVOman

they can have a curse word filter, if ou break it you get kicked like they do here on the forums. Have a chatroom for each section of our forum's (Rc general discussions chatroom, 1/8th buggy chatrooms, off-topic chatrooms, ect.)
Old 09-24-2006, 03:55 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea but it would be hard to police. If there is some easy way to police a chat room then I think it would be worth a trial. At least that way you can quickly ask someone specific questions and get answers right away.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:43 AM
nitro-slug

chat rooms are always go in thory but in practice there are alway thouse who set out to ruin it for every one thats why i have voted no as i have seen other chat rooms with tons of rules stoping you going off topic but there are always stupid people that think its fun to sign up with fake details and give everyone abuse and guenrally ruin it for all that are uinging for a perpose aslo i thing with a chat room we all come from different parts of the world so i dont think there would every be many people on it at one time which would also mean you would hardly every get to talk to people from different parts of the world due to time differences

i say stay with the forum its much better in my view
Old 09-24-2006, 08:09 AM
rc monkey

I think its a great idea but only if nobody abuses it
Old 09-25-2006, 06:49 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

it would be cool, but will require moderator monitoring 24-7. I am not sure how many moderators are there and how many hours they spend on the site.

I once reported an innapropriate post, and it took like 24 hrs before it got deleted.