Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
hpi
50.00%
traxxas
50.00%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

hpi vs traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
-whitey-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi vs traxxas

what company do u guys think is better for durability and performance and why?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: hpi vs traxxas

I voted traxxas, I have had 2 and have never broka a part on either one of them. I have never had an HPI though.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Frank88888888

I havent had niether of the two but from what ive heard and seen the hpi are a little bit better.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:56 PM
no0b123

Hpi from what I hear...
Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 PM
flatlander_14

Traxxas is really geared for beginners(it worked for me, they have great marketing and I got suckered into buying a Tmaxx as my first nitro RC). HPI is much higher quality.

I'm guessing you're debating Tmaxx vs Savage? If so don't get the Tmaxx, you'll have over $1000 into it fixing things you broke with upgrade parts only to break more parts. The Savage is much tougher. The Revo I've heard is much better, but I'm not impressed with it.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM
-whitey-

im talking about all the cars and trucks that hpi and traxxas make i have a savage x and a jato 3.3 the jato is fast and can turn on a dime but the wheels just spin when i try to go in the grass and my savage while being a lot slower i can easely keep it under controle and i can drive in almost any weather and on all types of terrain but damm the jato is fast i dont have to worry about rolling over turning its when it hits secound gear thats when it flips .
Old 09-23-2006, 11:27 PM
jnev

you can't compare the two AT ALL. each company has their good and bad cars.. for example I would never buy a n4tec or a nitro rs4, but the savage and revo are both kickass trucks. it just depends on what you want out of your rc.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Dokioto

I have driven a few Traxxas trucks (T-maxx,Stamped,E-maxx) and they never broke. I have never had any experiences with a HPI vehicle.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:59 AM
BCBasher

I like Traxxas (T-Maxx) because I buy used and they depreciate like a Mo-Fo. Thanks savage fans! Seriously my first nitro was an rs4-2 with a .15fe and the 1 needle carb really helped the learning curve with tunning, so its apples to oranges!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:34 AM
nitro-slug

it has to be traxxas for me i buy all may rc secondhand (as i cant afford new) and i have bout a rustler and a revo and a savage, the revo is excelent i have never broken anthing (it compleatly stock) since i have had it i have put 3 1/2 gallon thought it and it isnt showing any kind or ware yet. the ruster i ony paid £20 for so i wasnt expexting much but i was prove wrong it still worked fine and was very quick but the engine did only last me about 1/2 gallon which was still better tan i was expecting from a £20 truck. the savage i bought (which was the most expencive) i had nothing but troubble with, i was taking the same jumps i take with my revo and on the 3 or 4 jump it snaped a front wishbone which then took me ages to replace as i didnt have the money then when i finaly did repair it, i took it out again it spriped a sper gear so to cut a long stoiry sort nearly every time i took the savage out somting broke so i ended up reselling it so i am now left with the revo which i have neverbroken anything and a rustler with a worn engine but as it didnt cost anything much i'm not going to sell as i may be able to pick up a cheap engine for it
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 AM
jnev

ORIGINAL: nitro-slug

it has to be traxxas for me i buy all may rc secondhand (as i cant afford new) and i have bout a rustler and a revo and a savage, the revo is excelent i have never broken anthing (it compleatly stock) since i have had it i have put 3 1/2 gallon thought it and it isnt showing any kind or ware yet. the ruster i ony paid £20 for so i wasnt expexting much but i was prove wrong it still worked fine and was very quick but the engine did only last me about 1/2 gallon which was still better tan i was expecting from a £20 truck. the savage i bought (which was the most expencive) i had nothing but troubble with, i was taking the same jumps i take with my revo and on the 3 or 4 jump it snaped a front wishbone which then took me ages to replace as i didnt have the money then when i finaly did repair it, i took it out again it spriped a sper gear so to cut a long stoiry sort nearly every time i took the savage out somting broke so i ended up reselling it so i am now left with the revo which i have neverbroken anything and a rustler with a worn engine but as it didnt cost anything much i'm not going to sell as i may be able to pick up a cheap engine for it
that's probably luck though... the savage is widely regarded as one of the most durable mt's made. based on popular opinion, the revo isn't even close to the savage in terms of durability (not saying the revo isn't good, I'd probably prefer one over the savage).
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
-whitey-

and plus isnt the savage know to beat revos on the track?
Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i vote HPI ive have both brands and honestly out of the box HPI cars are much better made MOST traxxas car/trucks need a crap load of upgrades just to keep up..... both companies have there flaws tho traxxas flaws is that they dont offer kits only RTR and they dont have and high end track completeing car..........(EXECPT FOR THE REVO) plus after so many years there still stuck on only small block engines..........NOW they have a 3.3???????? it took them what 20 years????LOL HPI has its flaws too yea the make alot of competeing cars........ and kits but there stuck on a very small amount of cars/trucks NOW AFTER YEARS the finally came out with a buggy.........and now a gasonline truck.........if they have more vehicals theyd be PERFECT and maybe a boat or someting???? now i hear HPI is makeing a robot???? LOL has anyone heard about it?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
muddymoose92

Traxxas by far
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
-Inverted-

HPI in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
gspina

I say its a matter of preference and what you are looking for. If you are looking for something that is easy to run right out of the box, Traxxas wins. If you are looking for something with a little more edge to it, HPI.

I own and run both brands, and it is a toss up. My biggest complaint about HPI is the high turnover rate for vehicles, while it is nice that the company is constantly updating and releasing new vehicles it can be a pain when your vehicle has been discontinued.

As far as traxxas goes, I've had major issues with my T-maxx, and absolutely none with my Revo 3.3. The Revo 3.3 is a mean MT, side by side against the Savage X, it is hands down faster stock. I hate the fact that Traxxas does not make kits and I'm not too fond of the transmitters that come with traxxas vehciles. However as I said before, they are about the easiest things to get started, (assuming the EZ start system works properly).

HPI offers a much much bigger selection of bodies that will fit their vehicles WITHOUT modification, so if you want something other than the stock body, and dont want to go through the work of planning and cutting, HPI is good. HPI offers big blocks, traxxas does not. While the 3.3 is a wicked motor, it is still just a small block.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
silent_echo

HPI for the one and only reason that i got an rs4 3 ss and not one single part has been broken, it survived my stupidity and still not one part has been broken. i started off this hobby with the idea that "ill upgrade when i break something" that stupid thing kept the car stock for almost a year[&o] until i came to my senses that is lol
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
-whitey-

c'mon hpi fans lets see ur votes
Old 09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
SpeedAddict

HPI hands down. People have said that Traxxas is more for beginners and HPI is more performance, so wouldn't that make HPI better? Anyways, I have an electric Rustler and haven't broken anything, which is great for a first vehicle. It's awesome, but the radio just seems a little crappy to me. I have driven an HPI savvy and I can tell you that was incredible. I can't wait to get mine. As far as one brand breaking more thatn another, it's just the luck of the draw. Iv'e seen two idintical vehicles come out of the box. One broke something accelerating and the other didn't so it just depends on manufacturing. That's just my very long opinion.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you pple smoking??? traxxass is winning? hpi is soooo much better cause traxxas sucks!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: xtmman

what are you pple smoking??? traxxass is winning? hpi is soooo much better cause traxxas sucks!
See it's post's like this that make this a big bash fest. There is no best manufacturer at all. Each person has there own preferences and what they like and dislike. Did you ever hear of the saying----One man's trash is another mans treasure. I dont like these types of threads and everytime I post it end's up saying what I am saying on this post.

It just like a Ford---Chevy debate and who's better. It's all about what your opinion is. One is not better then the other in any way at all. It's all about what you prefere.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:47 PM
HPIracer4

i would have to say hpi. thats wat i started on and still have. i have tried traxxas cars/trucks, and there not bad at all, but again i like hpi cuz they seem stronger but if you think about it, some hpi parts and traxxas parts are swappable. i know there is a few things that can be switched between hpi savage and the traxxas tmaxx. i dunno ive broken things on my savage, but that happens, its part of the game. either way it all depends on you and what you want out of an rc car.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:04 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

traxxas's only good unit is the revo.

HPI has the Savage, Baja and mt2
Old 09-28-2006, 07:25 PM
-whitey-

ORIGINAL: xtmman

lol thats what i thought . traxxas is only winning by 4
Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i totally vote HPI!!!! but i do have a revo, but i seem to have been transmission problems with it...there always seems to be something wrong with their transmissions because i have repalced and rebuilt almost 3 revo transmissions and one of the computer things that controls them. so i am having bad luck with my revo. But i also have an HPI savageX, a baja 5b, savage 4.6 ss, savge x 4.6ss, and a nitro RS4. i think they are the best (next to losi) because the only time i broke a suspension arm(or anything for that matter) was when me and a friend made this crazy 4 foot ramp and did like 2 backflips with the savageX and i landed on the left rear wheels and snapped the far rear shock on the left side and the suspesion arm and bent the dog bone. but if Losi was on the list that would be my vote because i love their vehicles. a LST was my first truck and i have put it through worse things than my savages and never broke a thing. but otherwise i like hpi better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.