Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ch ign for g20...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 PM
warhawk00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ch ign for g20...?

i recently purchased my 1st gas engine, a zenoah g20 for a 60 size airplane. reading the forums, i'm already worried about ignition problems. I read about a change out to a ch ignition.? what is it and where would i purchase it..? i'm already considering going back to my os91 4 stroke.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ch ign for g20...?

307-857-6897, 9-5 mon-fri, Mountain Time, ask for Terry or Bill

www.ch-ignitions.com

That should handle all your questions.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:34 AM
tkg

If it ain't broke don't fix it, if its broke, have we got what you need.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Michael G

ORIGINAL: tkg

If it ain't broke don't fix it, if its broke, have we got what you need.
TKG
My new 20 runs fine and strong above 3000 rpm. Below that the idle is ruff and I've had at least 8 dead-stick landings out of last 12 flights. Cut the throttle to idle and you just never know if it will keep running or not. New plug and hours of needle experiments haven't fixed the problem. Can this possibly be an EI problem????
Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 AM
tkg

ORIGINAL: Michael G
TKG
My new 20 runs fine and strong above 3000 rpm. Below that the idle is ruff and I've had at least 8 dead-stick landings out of last 12 flights. Cut the throttle to idle and you just never know if it will keep running or not. New plug and hours of needle experiments haven't fixed the problem. Can this possibly be an EI problem????
I will let you know in a week or so. Mine would not idle proper eather , so I will be test flying the CH prototype conversion as soon as the weather allows. The conversion will have a new sensor also
Old 10-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

I too will have one to test..Should be here next week..2 heads are better than 1, even if one is mine and the other belongs to TKG
Old 10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

So does the G20 have an idling problem?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
tkg

Mine would idle all day under 2300 rpm, untill you gave it a hard flight. Then it became not so good. I've only got about 30 flights on it and want to get some more time on it before I say its bad.
New engine, new tuning job, different airplane all need to be sorted out first.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:27 AM
ddotson
My Feedback: (3)

Mine will tick over all day at about 2000 and go to full power without hesitation. The carb settings are pretty much factory. Beginning to trust this little engine a lot. My first venture into gas. It is on a Funtana 90 and getting stronger every flight. Mine has very low vibration, a lot less than the Saito that was on the plane, VERY pleased. I don't like the way it eats batteries, but I charge about every two flights just for peace of mind. There is another thread where a firm in England sells a small, light lipo for this engine. They claim it will run engine 70 minutes. I think if a g20 wont run pretty well at factory settings on the carb there is a problem that twisting needles is not going to fix. BTW mine idles so low that it will BARELY pull the Funtana fuse on pavement. I thought about the lipo thing, but just leary of gasoline, lipo and cigarettes.
http://www.toni-clark.com/index_en.htm

Mine would idle all day under 2300 rpm, untill you gave it a hard flight. Then it became not so good. I've only got about 30 flights on it and want to get some more time on it before I say its bad.
New engine, new tuning job, different airplane all need to be sorted out first.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Michael G

ORIGINAL: Michael G
TKG
I will let you know in a week or so. Mine would not idle proper eather , so I will be test flying the CH prototype conversion as soon as the weather allows. The conversion will have a new sensor also
TKG or others,
Have you tried your CH EI yet. I just can not get this engine to run dependably at low speeds. Saturday at the house I had it running nice. Sunday, went to the field, filled tank.....hard as helo to start and ran worse than ever, (below around 3000rpm). This new motor has not been good for me. I've changed plug, needles, batteries, but nothing changes. Pain in the ask.