Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Newbie here! Just bought a Savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Newbie here! Just bought a Savage 25

Just thought i'd say whats up. I'm new to the Rc world but its always been an intrest of mine since i was a little kid. I just bought a used Savage 25 and a few other RC nitro vechicles. I havent got it yet but its on the way. It has
* AFTER MARKET COOL HEAD

* AFTER MARKET AIR CLEANER

* AFTER MARKET MID-HIGH RANGE TUNE PERFORMANCE PIPE

* AFTER MARKET AIR INTAKE

I have no idea what this stuff means but i've been reading up on tuning the truck and i look forward to playing around with it. If you guys have any tips, feel free to throw them my way I know how to use the search so i'll be reading up!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 AM
DiscoStu666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie here! Just bought a Savage 25

Hello Mate and welcome.....

I too have a 25 and have spent uite a bit kitting it up....I think everyone will tell you you have to make your mind up if you are going to want to go as fast, or jump high, or just plain show as much as possible??? Some suggestions I would make are, going for CVD's all round HPI and your local model shop are a good start. I love them as this mens a lot less losses on your cr and it harder to break..I would start replcing as things break though and soon you will muddle your way through!!......I hate to say this on this orum but as far as I can state myself from personal experience STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!!! I have been ripped off with parts never coming when you order etc extra money disapppearing any bad attitudes (let me say this is primarily false companies not individuals) but there is nothing better than you local hobby shop who might be a little worse on price but re just there to help you too.......Good Luck and hope to speak soon........
Old 10-24-2006, 05:10 AM
JUCD VPR

DiscoStu666

Thanks for the welcome. I havent had to many problems withy e-bay yet. i actually bought all my RC's off ebay and got some pretty good deals. But your right their are some shady ebays out there.
I also bought a JATO 3.3, R4S Viper, and a hydrofoam.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
SpeedAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what a R4S Viper is, but you should get VERY used to driving on the savvy before you try high speeds with the Jato. It goes 65 m.p.h. and can do a lot of at that high of speed.

Congrats on getting a good start in RC. Welcome to RCU and the hobby itself. You will learn really fast using this site. Best of luck!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:41 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: SpeedAddict

I don't know what a R4S Viper is, but you should get VERY used to driving on the savvy before you try high speeds with the Jato. It goes 65 m.p.h. and can do a lot of at that high of speed.

Congrats on getting a good start in RC. Welcome to RCU and the hobby itself. You will learn really fast using this site. Best of luck!!!!
The R4S is by HPI. Just a little nitro car, noting to special.
Yah i plan on driving the Savage alot first to get a feel of everything. I will have to break in the JATO so i will have to take it easy at first. In the mean time i'll run the crap out of the savage!
Thanks for the welcome!