Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

IRC vulcan SE problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
rc51racer0023
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRC vulcan SE problems

I have a IRC Vulcan Se and let me just say this little nitro buggy is a piece of crap. I ran about 4 tanks of gas through it before the steering servo stripped out. this happened just runnung it on the street to break it in. The little motor leaks nitro like a pig in heat from the front bearing area. Nitro fuel is way to expensive to just have run out of the motor and besides what a mess it makes. The rear differential out drivers were wobbly and seemed to be falling out of the rear differential right out of the box from the manufacture, this cause the rear wheels to shimmy up and down. Its like the cheep plastic out drives are warped. I have not had time to tear into the rear differentail to see what the heck is going on yet. Are any of these problems and defects covered under warranty from IRC, and is anybody else have any of these same issues?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Mindcrime

Default RE: IRC vulcan SE problems

A sure fire way to not get help is to start your post with "this thing is a piece of crap", the engine leaking is normal, you can put a washer behind the collet to help with it. most of the leaking is actaully oil, not un burnt fuel, if you are getting unburt fuel then chances are you have the engine way too rich. (this is also the same engine that is in the Xray, and Caos)

The outdrives, I can't really tell you what is going on, that is not a problem I have heard of before, but the way the outdrives mount I can't see how they would be "falling off", they also have a metal band molded into them so they are strong, they are not "cheap plastic"

I would suggest taking it to the dealer you bought it from and have them contact us.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
rc51racer0023

Mindcrime.
It seems like i am not the only on disapointed in the IRC Vulcan Se. From reading the posts on hear it seems like there are alot of disapointed people having the sam problems over and over again. Is the steering servo covered under any type of warranty? It seems like the servo is very week and the gears strip easly. Maybe the entire vehicle is not a piece of crap but certainly there are certain aspects of the vehicle that are. this is my opinion of the vehicle and if you don't like it too bad.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
pre98zetec
Banned

If my vulcan isn't a peice of crap I don't know what is. I've had more run time out of my 2.5 Rustler in 1 day then I have with my IRC vulcan in the 2 months I've owned it.. The truck itself looks pretty well engineerd, the motor, is JUNK.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Mindcrime

I'm sorry you guys are having issues and do not like the product....the standard servo is not generaly covered under warranty, however there may be something else causing the servo problem as with most RTR's I would suggest upgrading to a better servo if you continue to have problems with the stock one..

Like I said before, take it to the dealer you bought it from and have tham contact us, if there is a problem we will get it sorted out with together.

pre98zetec: glad you like the Rustler

Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: Mindcrime

A sure fire way to not get help is to start your post with "this thing is a piece of crap", the engine leaking is normal, you can put a washer behind the collet to help with it. most of the leaking is actaully oil, not un burnt fuel, if you are getting unburt fuel then chances are you have the engine way too rich. (this is also the same engine that is in the Xray, and Caos)

The outdrives, I can't really tell you what is going on, that is not a problem I have heard of before, but the way the outdrives mount I can't see how they would be "falling off", they also have a metal band molded into them so they are strong, they are not "cheap plastic"

I would suggest taking it to the dealer you bought it from and have them contact us.

If this is not a good reason to stay away from their products what is? If a guy says it is a piece of crap.......he's being honest. Isn't that what people want? Honesty? You guys need to do some customer relation homework. I have not met or heard of a single person that is happy with their vulcan in either form. Maybe you's should pull it and make the nessessary changes. Then again I don't know if that would help at all due to the first attempt being so ugly. Good Luck
Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Mindcrime

Old 11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
pre98zetec
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mindcrime

I'm sorry you guys are having issues and do not like the product....
Don't get me wrong, You guys engineered a great truck. Your motor choice was deffinetly not the best. Someday I plan on doing a .12 conversion to it just so I can get some use out of it.

And I can't really return it, I traded stuff with a guy (it was brand new when i got it). Otherwise I'd have it looked at.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
new-guy

I will come out and say that I like my Vulcan. I can't say it has been anywhere near perfect.

It was my first RTR and will probably be my last RTR.
In general it has a lot of good design features. However like most people I have found several shortcomings.

1) needle settings and idle stop are not set properly from factory.
It took me forever to finally find good needle settings and the proper idle gap
2) I could not get the Vulcan to go very fast.
Turns out the flywheel was loose. Remove flywheel, scrape excessive threadlock and retighten everything
3) I think my piston sleeve was not lined up right in the crankcase.
4) If you dont like the motor, upgrade it to the pico
5) Kyosho mini-inferno parts will fit on the Vulcan.. Upgrade with those. Find them on Ebay
6) Although it is an RTR, I dont think it is fit for a beginner. Had it been my first model I would have given up long ago. There is fun to be had with the Vulcan but unfortunately you need to know your stuff and have some wrenching experience.

I have been reading the posts here and I feel that there is not very good support for the product. For me this is a shame because there are problems, but they are fixable.

Mindcrime and RC-BOSS, I hope you can look into some of the issues I experienced and share the solutions with your customers and your assembly people. Maybe this way the product can be improved and customers can be happy with this product.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Mindcrime

New-Guy,
Thanks for the post, I agree maybe this is not the best car for a first time user...as for the support we are always avaiable by email and phone, we try to keep up with the RCU and some of the other message boards, but there is only so many hours in a day..we do try our best.

pre98zetec,
keep in mind that we had the first 1/16th nitro car on the market, at that time there was NO choices in engines, that is the reason you see the same engine in the Xray and Sportwerks car...

Mr. Mugen,
I bent over backwards to help you with your issues. I'm sorry that we could not make you happy.

rc51racer0023,
I'm sorry if my reply to your post seemed rude, I did not mean for it to sound that way. but in the future ask for some help before opening with "this thing is a piece of crap" lol

We have been improving the product since the day it was released and will continue to do so. we have sold over 5000 of the Vulcan and Vulcan SE's worldwide, and most people are very happy with them, it seems that you generaly only hear about the un-happy ones on these forums.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 PM
rc51racer0023

Mindcrime.
well maybe i was a little out of line saying the vulcan was a piece of crap. The big issues that i have had with it have been the servos and the leaking fuel from the engine. I placed an order today for 2 new hitec hs-65mg servos this should cure those problems. I ordered them from Tom at pythonmotorsports he is a very knowledgable dealer and is always willing to help. I checked out the out drives and it looks like the wobbley one has some sort of defect and is not flat on the side it mounts to the differential. I also ordered some cvds and a two speed tranny. I am an experienced nitro hobbiest and am willing to work the bugs out on this thing to make it bullet proof.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
new-guy

rc51racer0023,

Check out the december issue of RC Car Action magazine. They have a review of the Vulcan and the writer had some tips on how to tweak your steering. Since you are getting new servos, this would be a good time to tune the sterring.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
rc51racer0023

thanks for the advice i will check the article out.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Dannn

so, do we have a fix for the stripping diffs yet or what?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Mindcrime

If you are still having problems you can go to the metal diff gears.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Mauromj

Is it common for the engines to go out so quick? These cars arnt really worth the money, they are just chinese knock offs!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Mindcrime

Ummmm knock off of what? the Vulcan was the first small scale nitro car on the market.

what do you mean go out quick? please give us some details.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Grevo26maxx
Banned

Ok well where can we buy the metal gears for the diffs? I cant find them. And how can I seal up the front of my motor??? And i will say this much you guys didnt do too bad at the first mini here but could have sold them for a little cheaper than they went for with some of the problems they have. My exhaust leaks all the way from the motor to the end of the pipe. And need metal diffs....
Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Mindcrime

Grevo, you can get them ay www.internet-rc.com

you can put a flat washer behind the collett, that will help with the fuel leaking....
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Grevo26maxx
Banned

Well I looked and didnt see the diffs on there.. metal ones.. can someone link me right to the page with them?????
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 PM
pre98zetec
Banned

http://www.internet-rc.com/ircrahoforvu.html
Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Mauromj

My engine went out after about 10 runs, Everyone at my local Hobby Shop had the same problems, We all are switching to the nitro mini-inferno. I my opinion, the vulcan is not worth the money, just my 2 cents though.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 PM
nitrovulcnse

well, ill say it. i like the vulcan. and if i, a 14 year old can figure this thing out, i would expect an adult to be able to. so there. this is also my first nitro.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
dslrcs

I'm not happy with the irc vulcan i've had nothing but probs with car since bought the hobby shop where i bought dont carry parts an will give me no help to fix my problem i thought irc racing being here in phoenix i would have no problems finding parts or find out whats wrong with car i've only run 2 tanks of fuel in car n front drive line broke,now car will start but wont go like gears are stripped or something
Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 AM
dslrcs

I'm not happy with the irc vulcan i've had nothing but probs with car since bought the hobby shop where i bought dont carry parts an will give me no help to fix my problem i thought irc racing being here in phoenix i would have no problems finding parts or find out whats wrong with car i've only run 2 tanks of fuel in car n front drive line broke,now car will start but wont go like gears are stripped or something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.