Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

GF45

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
cuwaert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GF45

Hi, I have purchased a GF45 in the beginning of this year and I have a huge problem keeping the front bearing fixed in it's case. I tried a few times to layup the bearing with alu foil and then press it in a heated crankcase but still after a few flights it comes loose. Another college who wasted his money to this engine too had the same problem.
I 'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the balance of the crankshaft. Maybe the people who assemble these engines should run a course "basics of internal combustion engines" before buying expensive machines to make crap.
Is there anyone who has a clue how to fix this bearing?

Forever without GF45
Old 11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
arobatx

Default RE: GF45

If the manufacturer cannot help you, try sending a PM to RCIGN1. If it is just the crank, he can straighten em if they can be, or he can at least help you figure out the problem and a potential fix. Aren't these the engines that Troy Built is selling? They are really good with customer service and helping any way they can, have you given them a call?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

If the crank is straight some green Loctite 680 should keep the bearing in place...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

If the crank is straight some green Loctite 680 should keep the bearing in place...

---------------

What is a GF 45? TIA

Ed Cregger
Old 11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
cuwaert

Thanks for the information, I think the crank is straight but maybe it isn't properly balanced, I have the impression that the bearing retaining cavity is oval, it has more play from up to down than from left to right (vertical mounted engine). Anyway I will try again using 1 layer of copper foil. I'm not so sure about gluying the bearing because of the larger heat expansion coefficient of aluminium compared to the steel bearing. Also, gluing is the strategy of CRRCpro and it clearly doesn't work. It 's a pitty that they put a problem product on the marked because they are truely communicative and helpfull, only I fear that when I send the engine back to China they wil again glue it in with the same result obviously.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Works for 3W
Old 11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
XJet
Banned

Don't underestimate that Locktite bearing-grip stuff -- it's pretty good.

Alternatively you could get someone to turn out the case a little more and make up a sleeve that would go between the bearing and the case.

Or you could just buy a different engine with a better pedigree.