Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zenoah G-23 midrange

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:19 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default zenoah G-23 midrange

I have a G-23 mounted with a zenoah straight header pipe-runs great at idle as well as WOT-the engine burbles almost like a four stroking sound at mid throttle-responds well but the engine at half throttle sounds as a burble to four stroke if this make sense to anyone please respond-I thought possibly about installing another muffler but the header pipe fits really well in cowl-thanks in advance for any suggestions-
Old 11-09-2006, 08:29 AM
alpinestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zenoah G-23 midrange

burbling midrange is often caused by the low speed needle being too rich... How is the transition from low to high throttle position? A little "boggy"? I would try turning the low speed needle in about 1/10th of a turn at a time and be sure to watch the high-speed mixture while doing this so it does not go too lean.
I had similar tuning problems with a 3w42 and slight tweaks to the low speed needle make all the difference.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: zenoah G-23 midrange

Alpinestar sounds like he is right on the money. I had a similar midrange burble problem with my G23 which was greatly reduced by tweaking the low end. As the engine broke in it kept getting better and now there is only just the slightest hint of it, which is more than good enough for me.

Just remember that ANY adjustment to the low end will require readjusting the high end. The G23 is a great little engine. I had mine converted to EI by RCIGN1 and would not part with it for all the tea in China.

Karol