Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

UNDERAGE sales through market.!BECAREFULL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

UNDERAGE sales through market.!BECAREFULL

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
sensistar
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNDERAGE sales through market.!BECAREFULL

in my state it is illegal to enter into a contract with a minor.

i dont know every states laws but in my state if you make a trade with a minor ,he can bring it back broken and there is nothing you can do ,,,

I am posting this because for the last 3 weeks i have been working a deal with a 15 year old ,he sounded very grown up and at first i was kinna worried but he sounded like he was very mature.

well what happened is after making times to do tha trade __which i had to drive 3 hours __ he decided to tell me he had to ask his mom if it was ok ...

now i dont have a problem with getting permission but ,that should of been done BEFORE HE DECIDED TO MAKE ME AN OFFER..

i think that its messed up when someone makes you an offer and then has to figure out if its OK..

THE MARKET should have a age limit because ---in the long run he could of done what he wanted and i would of been binded by LAW

this i think is a serious PROBLEM that has been over looked..

i understand that he was 15 but when someone makes you a good offer you stop taking other offers and thats messed up

my local rc shop cant sell to minors without a parent ,so i find it strange there is minors making trades and sales that arent LEGAL.

please help me understand why and how the market works --regarding minors?

thanks --tim

Old 11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Rs43EVOman

Default RE: UNDERAGE sales through market.!BECAREFULL

i can gree with you saying they should have aminor age limit rule for the market, but your LHS wont sell to minors. thats absolutely rediculous. What if a 17yr old kid drove him self to your LHS to buy himself a kit, they wouldnt sell to him!!?
Old 11-25-2006, 03:22 PM
sensistar
Banned

they would sell it to him then mark the peice as bought by a minor and the company wont usually take returns..
Old 11-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Rs43EVOman

wow I have to say thats completely rediculous. I'm only 16, and im not bragging or anything like that, but I've been in the hobby for over 4 years, and i know alot more, about RC then a whole bunch of the new people on these forums, or 75% people i see at my LHS. There's no reason why they shouldnt accept a return just becuase i was born in the wrong year. If ive got more expiernce then many 30 yr olds getting into this hobby. the companyhonestly should cqre about my age. there job if someone send in a car, or part, is to see whether the part broke becuase of user's fault, or a faulty part. It shouldnt be affected in any way by my age, or anyone else's.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

senistar, this would be a question better suited to the marketplace questions, not a Magazine's forum

but I do agree that it's pretty screwed up for a hobby shop to not sell to minors...WTH, it's not like it's cigarettes