Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F-15 kits

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F-15 kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-15 kits

Im looking for a F-15 Ducted Fan kit, a realistic looking one at that. Does anyone out there know any good kits that are ducted fan 15s, fully functional elevator, airbrakes, stuff like that?? thanks for any help!!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
rcumember77

Default RE: F-15 kits

Avonds for realism, TGA for performance.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:04 PM
cmjets

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi:

Why ducted-fan?

If you want it, O.k. ducted-fan.

Do you know the F-15 Byron? you need 2 ducted-fans or turbines (8kg size)

Regards from Spain.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95763.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	564516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27845.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	564517  
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Goin West

Avonds.....
Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

AVONDS
Old 11-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Dago Red

thanks for the input!!!! I want ducted fan becasue i really cant afford a turbine model......im only a E-3 in the military, a car payment, cell phone, net, and paying for my car speaker....trying to get rid of!!! Ive heard of byron's kits , use to have the T-34 model, but sold it. if i had $1900, lol, id be buying one up quick, but i make that much in 2 months, plus some. thanks for the comments!!! if you have any more imput, just shoot!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd opt for Avonds in both looks and performance. It flies sweet. Never flown a bird from Yellow, but i'm sure their F-15 is just as nice....

Concerning the Byron: is that still in production? For how much?
Best regards
Hank
Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

You bet it is. We don't offer it in DF, though....Avonds is a very, very good bird, though, so if he gets one, he'll be happy. I hear it gets cold up there?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:29 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Hank,

How far are you from Dusseldorf? I was there last week and could not find a place to fly.

Mike
Old 11-22-2006, 09:24 PM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

I have a new in box Avonds F15 if you are interested
David
Old 11-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Dago Red

It gets cold here, last week we were out on a jet with 30 MPH winds and -35 degree weather, sucked, but hey, got to do the job. Im in the process of deal with some one on a F-15..... but if somthing happens, what you got to offer???? the other guys offering a pretty good deal so... lol. but thanks again for the input!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

Hi Hank,

How far are you from Dusseldorf? I was there last week and could not find a place to fly.

Mike
Mike,

i'm about 280 miles (=450km) from Düsseldorf.....i fly about an hours drive north of munic.
48°42'12" N 11°12'13" E if you have Google earth. Scrolling North about half a mile will get you to a full size NATO base on which F-4 and Eurofighter are stationed....you can see 2 fully armed F-4s of the QRA force on the northeastern end, and 3 Tornados from Lechfeld at the northwestern plate. Pretty interesting to scroll around....

By the way, i also have an Avonds F-15....but i'm not giving it away :P

Best regards
Hank
Old 01-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Felix72

Hi guys,

I'm from Italy and have an Avonds F-15 DF kit, almost unbuild, with a Ramtec Fan and OS91 VRDF round head.

I have this kit now for almost 4 years, but haven't had the possibility to finish it up.

I just find this post and thought I could get some good advice from axperienced people.

I don't know if is a good choice to go ahead and finish this model with a ICDF (Ramtec/OS91) or is better to go for a Schubeler fan and electric motor on 12s.

I understand that I can obtain a thrust of about 3,5 kg (almost 8 pounds) with an ICDF like mine! Can you confirm this?

In the electric compartment I understand that a 15 pounds thrust is easy to get with the above configuration (Schubeler/Lehner2280-09/12s)

I'm looking to a more Jet like performance from this bird, and don't want to be disappointed by the performance of a DF powered one.

Do you have some links to a video of this Avonds F-15 in a DF configuration?? Just to look at its performance!

I can't afford turbine price, so the electric way could be a solution since ICDF is getting older!

Thank you for your input and sorry to jump in this thread with my questions!

Regards
Gianluca
Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 PM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gianluca:

With your ICDF pack you are nearer of 5 Kg. thrust rather than 3,5 Kg. I have seen old videos of Avonds F-15 flown with that power package at the first IJMO Championship held at Germany and they performed quite well even full detailed with tanks and missiles. If you already have the IC package use it instead of investing now a fortune in electric unit, motor and Li-Po batteries with convenient ESCs and chargers.

If you have some doubt regarding OS .91 spare availability just purchase another new one as it is currently available and may be bought at very competitive prices from many retailers. Later, when you get your plane flying and if you are totally satisifed with it (surely you will be!), you will always have the possibility of purchasing a turbine conversion kit from Avonds and a 8-10 Kg. thrust turbine and reengine your F-15 with total succes for a complete new life.

Best luck with your model and nice flights from Spain.

Jesus Cardin
Old 01-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Felix72

Thank you for your info jescardin,

5 kg make it an all different music.
I know that I cannot expect turbine stile flying but it can surely be a good entry jet.

Thank you again
Gianluca
Old 01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Before you get going too gung-ho on the DF Eagle you had better check around for an acceptible flying spot. That short RC runway on Elmendorf isn't the best place for flying DF. Go down to the hobby shop on Spenard or the one in the Dimond Mall and ask around for any DF flyers. Once you find some, hang out with them for a bit before you decide to commit. You may end up spending a lot of money without having a place to fly your plane. If your DF quits in flight (that happens a lot when you are new to DF) those tall pines around that Elmo RC field will tear that Eagle apart like it was tissue! As I recall, most DF and turbine guys drive down to Soldotna to fly off their nice field.

BTW, formerly stationed at Elmo.

You may also want to check out the Alaska Radio Control Society at http://www.alaskarc.org to find out where guys fly besides the base.

That being said, when you get your Eagle make sure you post pictures of it here. Elmo will be changing to Raptors in a few years, and if you are an E-3 now, odds are you will be working on those eventually....why don't you build a F/A-22?

Tim