Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Arizona Jet Rally "Boycott"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Arizona Jet Rally "Boycott"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arizona Jet Rally "Boycott"

I decided to attend the AZ Jet Rally on very short notice. I was still undecided on Thursday morning before I left for my office. When I walked out of my house to my car, the outside temperature was 2 degrees. That just about made up my mind. I called Alaska Airlines from my cellular on the way to work and had an electronic R/T ticket to Arizona purchased before I reached the office.

I am very happy I was able to attend. The work the club volunteers put out was evident in the way the rally was run.

*A beautiful flying field.
*A well-run flight line
*Safe and effective frequency control.
*Club members who went out of their way to make certain everyone had a great time.
*A cool pilot raffle with GREAT airplane-type prizes.
*A public raffle with very expensive high-tech prizes.
*Some of the best food was offered at fair prices.
*Many close-by hotels at reasonable rates.
*Great weather.

There may or not have been reasons for some jet guys to boycott an event like this but whatever the reason, this club has made a concerted effort make certain that ANY past problems any modeler may have had, whether or not justified, have been remedied. It would be a different story if past problems had fallen on deaf ears but that is not the case. The Mesa club has taken the extra step to preclude any potential frequency problems from occurring in the future.

Many beautiful and costly jets made flight after flight with no problems whatsoever. Kent Nogy, Bill Hempel, George Manning and dozens of other pilots contributed to the excitement of both the other pilots and spectators.

When a club expends so much effort to put on a first class event like this do you think it may be time to put past problems behind us and give the Arizona Jet Rally another chance?