Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage crash stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 PM
kurtf5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage crash stories

As the title suggests, has anyone ever crashed their Savage due to throttle linkage coming apart, batteries coming out, engine explosion etc...

If so, please share the story, and if its not too much trouble post pics of the damage afterwards.
I can safely say ive never crashed or had a runaway, my Savage has cheated "death" on many occasions thanks to a failsafe. That said, i have crashed my touring car once but thats not for this thread.

So yea please reply with any stories you have.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
savagelover

Default RE: Savage crash stories

i was jumping my savage all of a sudden the engine flew out of the truck. the engine was screaming on the ground i kicked that **** mas hard as i could. after i kicked the engine it stopped in about 5 seconds
Old 11-26-2006, 05:43 PM
GoFastTurnLeft

probably not an hour ago, i lost my .32 savage at 40 mph down the street. it hit the curb, did a few flip-er-saults landed on its side, flipped back over, hit a tree, did a few more flip-er-saults, landed on its side, i grabbed it, got burned twice by the tires, the other tires caught the ground and took off, lost it, grabbed it, flipped it upside down, hit the safety stop for 5 seconds, motor shut off, threw it, picked it up, threw it in the garage, and looked for the damage.

popped the front right tie-rod off, and cracked the gas tank somewhere. i also got to see taped GT-2 tires swell up to the size of jumbo kongs. dont start chewing me out for not having a failsafe and calling for my daddy... i run spektrum and my dad wasnt there. i was just getting the motor dialed in and the battery came unplugged. failsafes dont work without power. i was just glad i didnt hit any cars parked on the curb.

nobody ever get the HPI hump pack, the plug-in clip is too small and pops off way to easy.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

Here is my crash story,

I was at a Fathers day event in 2004, It was held in a big parking lot and there was a few brand new Jags and dirt bike displays and all kinds of other cool things that Father and son would have interest in.
Anyway we had a RC display up with the LHS and we where all doing laps on a portion of concrete we had allocated to us and we had a small plywood ramp built(too small) and we also decides to hit the dirt bike ramp that the local motor sport guys hauled along with them and I guess I hit it a few too many times.....after the jumping I was doing a few hi speed runs and showing off my mammoths speed......i hit a bump and the rx pack popped right out...so there i was WOT(50 mph) heading dead towards a new 04 jaguar XKR and a few new Mercedes....last second it veerd off and towards the parked cars and hit a neon the mammoth hit the back..came out the front and finally came to a screaming rest under a Honda civic...to say the least the truck was bent!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
benzzyo5

well this is not bad, but accually pretty funny. this happened recently. my truck was idling. i had my transmitter behind me. my little brother loves watching me drive my truck around he's only 3 years old. he always asks. " Nick cane i drive your truck please"
i try not to put him down so i let him use my cheap little electric truck.well he thinks he's ip to the chalange. so while i'm filling up the tank the little buger decides to take the transmitter and try to drive my truck. He goes flying down the streethit's a car and my savage get's stuck under a car, i don't even know who it is. it was jamed pretty good under the car. so we have to knock on the door and ask the guy to back up his car. nothing really happened. i have this after market roll bar, forgot what it's called but anyways that got really messedup but thats what it's for, also stripped the tranny screw holes where it goes in. body just torn off. and a cracked bulk head
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 PM
mjones911

4th of July this year, we had a family gathering at my mom's. Brother in law was flying his R/C Plane, I had my daughter's pede, my TMaxx, Savage, and XXX-Nt. We are all doing our thing, and my stepdad is busting my Tmaxx, thing looked awesome, jumping, full throttle runs all over the 5 acre lot. I decide to run him with my savage. So I make a big circle at WOT, to try and time it so when he came around a bend I would be even. I mistimed it....... I T-Boned my own TMAXX with my Savage at WOT. Savage drove away with only some body cracks. TMAXX was literally split in half, Front section was completely seperate from the back. I scoured the ground and picked up the pieces. $40 later and a trip to the LHS I had the Maxx upgraded and back at it. SAVAGE TOUGH!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
suicidemachine

WOT 3rd gear, into a bank's rear security door. Dented the door and cracked the wall. It was still running when I got to it(a 200 ft run) and the door opened with a girls head popping out, I just looked at her all bumed and said "SORRY". The only thing that broke was the front center shaft and the radio box, with the bent TVP's of course.
then

now

Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 AM
kurtf5

ORIGINAL: suicidemachine

WOT 3rd gear, into a bank's rear security door. Dented the door and cracked the wall. It was still running when I got to it(a 200 ft run) and the door opened with a girls head popping out, I just looked at her all bumed and said "SORRY". The only thing that broke was the front center shaft and the radio box, with the bent TVP's of course.

Jeez i cant believe you managed to do so much damage to a Savage!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SAVAGE CRASHES OMG WHERE DO I BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL................... so many to list!!!!!

Ill list my latest crash....................for starters i only use my savage on the STREET and if i go offroading its only on dirt and sand (no big jumps) but about to weeks ago i was on a big sandy area and we set up a HUGE jump for me.................we found a huge peice of plywood and set it on one of those HUGE water pipes that they put underground.........( it was still above ground since it hadnt bein installed) and i whent for the JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i try to do a back flip........................i did get 15 feet of air...............BUT I LANDED ON THE ROLL BAR...................when i landed.................i STRIPPED the gearbox and radio tray PLUS the radio was cracked down the middle...............the chassis OPENED UP in the center..............so i sent it back to FLM for a replacement one.........and the roll bar was offcourse RUINED.....................it could have bein worst..... thankfully FLM has a good replacment plan so it didnt cost me must to fix...................it was just ALOT OF HANDS ON WORK!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:27 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Seeing how my savages are brand new and havent been run yet ill share my t-maxx crash story. My t-maxx was running just AA batteries and i had been running it for a bit everything was going well (jumping out of a bowl) doing half flips jumping back into it also. On one of the speed trips back the truck hits second gear and i lose control of it FOR NO APPARANT REASON AT ALL and it heads straight for a main road. Only thing between that main was who funnily enough me, i prepped myself for my t-maxx and got down into a rugby position and just TACKLED the thing at about 30 MPH or more, tires spinning like a beetch i cover the exhaust hole. No damage done.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
suicidemachine

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

for starters i only use my savage on the STREET and if i go offroading its only on dirt and sand (no big jumps)
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
suicidemachine

Why can't you believe it? 40-45MPH head-on into steel.
ORIGINAL: kurtf5

ORIGINAL: suicidemachine

Jeez i cant believe you managed to do so much damage to a Savage!