Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

The Firestorm Has Been Released!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:06 PM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Firestorm Has Been Released!

The new Firestorm 2WD RTR stadium truck has been released! It features a whole new .18 engine, called the G3.0, and a new design. The retail price is 339.90 EUROS here in Germany. Check out the link below and say what you think about the new truck:

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...n&partNo=10511
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
amwhite2005

Default RE: The Firestorm Has Been Released!

Looks good! If I was a kit, I might buy it, but it isn't, and I really want a Savage X SS, so thats first on my list.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
SpikeX

Yeah, I am getting an X SS too. But I think it is great improvement over the Rush Evo (plus it's cheaper) and a couple of my friends from school are interested in it...

I am basically the guy who bought the RC Car hobby to my class. Ever since people have learnt about my Savage X, everyone wants a nitro car. Two people are getting on-road cars for chistmas, and a few more are interested in the Firestorm. So, it will be fun racing against them all. [>:]
Old 11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
amwhite2005

I wonder how that new engine will perform. There aren't many facts on it yet, so... I'll wait and see what it's like. Perhaps next year...
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I hope the new engine is better then the last two small blocks they made the 15 FE and T15. Wish I could see more on how the steering is set up. I sure do not like the way it is on my Rush!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

after my painfully slow dialup was done loading the page, I'm moderately impressed. maybe I'll get one, but I think I'd rather have an RC10GT2
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
TM323

you think this will keep up with a jato
Old 11-28-2006, 12:43 PM
amwhite2005

There isn't much about it yet. No top speed, no HP, nothing. Just the parts and some small details about them. I'm not even sure if it is a totally newly designed engine or not. Have they just played around with an old one to make it "better"
Old 11-28-2006, 12:44 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: TM323

you think this will keep up with a jato
On an off road track yes as I am sure it will handle much better. I have beaten a Jato on and off road track with my MT with a little OS 15 CV-RX because my MT handles so much better. On road straight line no but I buy an off road to run off road but that is up to the individual
Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
uscfootball27

how long do you think it will take for our lhs's to get them a month or so? or a couple weeks? ive been out of the rc world for about 2 years now been awhile lol
Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
GoFastTurnLeft

.18 is too much for a 10th 2wd. all you'll have is a truck with a big motor and roasted tires. i like the lo-pro fuel tank... i may add it to my -10 EDM. i agree with TBJ, the RC10 GT2 still looks pretty sharp. i'd love to see the firestorm in person though.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

If I were buying an RTR, I'd probably go with the Firestorm...but since I'd be swapping in my OS .12TR and good electronics from the get-go, it'd be cheaper (and better) for me to swap my TR into said GT2 FT.

It looks like a very nice truck (are those PL Edges up front, and what are the rear tires? looks like a 1/10 version of the Crime Fighter almost), and maybe if there's an SS version, I could be persueded to buy one so I have another basher ST
Old 11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
amwhite2005

I would also like an SS Kit version. But I think it will be a while before they release one. The savage has so much more option parts as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the Savage isn't a stadium truck though:P stadium trucks, typically, don't NEED as many hop ups to handle massive abuse because of their light weight...and not only that, they usually don't see the same abuse as MT's (I'll drive my Savage through the creek behind my house, for example, but you won't catch me doing that to my XXX-NT)