Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Help - Savage x ss weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 07:54 PM
natz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Savage x ss weirdness

Hi,

I've had my Savage for just over a week now and I took it out yesterday for a few WOT runs... running great btw.
But after while I was at home cleaning the beast, I noticed that it has become harder to push backwards than before.

Is this normal? I understand that's it forward only but I'm just a little concerned.

Another question but off-topic... I can manually pull the throttle out 7-8mm more than what my controller will do, should I adjust the throttle servo to pull it out this extra few millimeters or just leave it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:05 PM
benzzyo5

Default RE: Help - Savage x ss weirdness

take off the air cleaner . pull the throttle and see if it's opening all the way, if not adjust it. and mine it a little harder to roll backwards. not hard but i can feel resistance
Old 12-17-2006, 05:07 AM
amwhite2005

The spur gear mesh could be a bit tight. Or the clutch bell could be screwed in too tightly (the little screw that holds it on). The servo may be opening it too the the fullist, it is just that you can pull it harder than it is suppost to go. If the servo is opening it all the way (by what said above), then just leave it be, as long as you aren't putting any extra stress on the servo by making it pull more than it is suppost to.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
natz

I ended up taking off the air filter and checked to see if it was fully opening up... it wasn't. So I adjusted the servo and have noticed a significant difference on full throttle!

I will check the clutch bell later.

Again, thanks.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
benzzyo5

don't. the clutch bell has to be tight. or else it will fall off and be wedged inbetween the spur gear then the spur will strip. u want that screw tight. one other thing is is the mesh it to tight then it might be hard to rol.......keep the clutch bell screw tight