Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

how far does your flywheel stick out on yout nitro truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how far does your flywheel stick out on yout nitro truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 05:34 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how far does your flywheel stick out on yout nitro truck?

how far does your poeoples stick out. reaso im asking is because when i put a pull start flywheel on my gt it doesnt hardly stick out at all. i cant start it with that flywheel. i have to use the larger in diameter pull start flwheel to start it. i think it drops down about 2/16 of a inch. it that ok? im worried about bottoming out when im rcing and shutting off the engine. im using red springs.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:07 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are using the non-pull start engine mounts (short mounts), don't use the pull-start flywheel. If you do, your truck will be prone to stalling when landing jumps (or even driving on bumpy sections).

Yours is a common problem for the RC10GT. Most people (myself included) take out the trusty dremel tool (and / or hand file) and elongate the hole in the chassis to accomodate the starter wheel. If you do this, make sure to smooth all the edges of the hole to minimize wear on your starter wheel.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:37 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thats what i thought was going to happen. thanks for the info.