Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do you like Kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 01:51 AM
Porsche GT3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you like Kyosho?

I would like to know your guy's opinions on Kyosho. I am looking at the SUPER TEN FW-04 and the V-ONE.

I have heard good things about Kyosho and bad things. I have heard that there parts are very cheap and break easily.

What seems to be the best Kyosho kit?

So I would like to know your opinion.
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:03 AM
dg2b

Default Re: Do you like Kyosho?

Originally posted by Porsche GT3

I have heard good things about Kyosho and bad things. I have heard that there parts are very cheap and break easily.

Thanks.
I like Kyoshos and been running with them for over 10 years now. I also had Associated, Serpent, Mugen and HPIs along the ways but now strictly runs Kyosho. Might change in the future as I would like to run 1/8th on-road and possibly 1/5th.

I can attest to you that the parts are not cheaply made and don't break easily. Trinity copied the V1R and was marketed as the "Trinity Reflex", which brought sort of bad image to the Kyosho. WHY? Because 80% (more or less) of the Reflex parts were direct replacements of the Kyosho.

In the beginning, Reflex had their issues with their molds and some Kyosho V1R guys bought them as replacements. Their parts were more brittle than normal and I personally seen them break when slightly hit. Again, there are not Kyosho parts. From what I hear now, this is a non-issue anymore.

You will not go wrong with Kyosho (genuine). The top rated for them are the V1RR on-road, MP 7.5 Kanai II off-road. Don't play electric so can't offer anything there.

The engines that they include are underpowered for racing. The FW04 comes with the gs15 (lower case is made by OS) and good for bashing.

If you have any question about Kyosho, you can drop me an email and I can answer as best as I can.

BTW, I am not affiliated nor sponsored by Kyosho. I am just a user. My sponsorship is my wife's mastercard
Old 01-28-2003, 02:19 AM
Porsche GT3

Thanks! I have a question, what is the difference between the V-One R, V-One RR and the V-One S Thanks.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:20 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

if you go with kyosho get a more of a high quality one. i have seen a ultima sports gp and it was crap. The guy spends more time fixing parts then driving the thing beacuse everytime he drives it somethign goes wrong. kyosho is alright as long as you buy the right stuff.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:17 PM
dg2b

Originally posted by Porsche GT3
Thanks! I have a question, what is the difference between the V-One R, V-One RR and the V-One S Thanks.
Porsche GT3 - I will respond to your email after this.

Concerning your question, V1R vs V1RR. V1R is the second generation (or first, depending on how you look at their versioning) of the racer adapted from the proven designs of the 1/8th cars like vector, integra, mugens.

V1R came in 3 different flavors and each came with different items like tires (with or without) and either rubber or foam. These only came with sedan bodies.

V1RR is the newer version of the V1R kit. There are a lot of improvements in this model. Items like negative diff, front one-way, centax to name a few. This kit came with either Lola or sedan bodies. Currently Lola is not ROAR in US yet (as far as I know) and therefore the sedan option is offered. The difference is the body posts, otherwise, they are the same.

V1S is a newer version of the MKII WCE edition. This car is qualified to run in the worldwide Kyosho Cup they run. It is a demanding race, starting from the local club race, then regional race, then the world race. The last world race was held (I believe) in Hawaii. If you get to the worlds, all expenses and accomodations are paid

Mugen MTX2 (imho) copied the V1R. RS4-2 emmulated the MKII WCE and have the HPI race in the U.S. The only car to run in the Kyosho cup now is V1S. Likewise, the only car that can be run in the HPI race is HPI.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it answered your questions.