Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

***What to get after OFNA MBX R2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 AM
JFoster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***What to get after OFNA MBX R2

Alright so I bought a used OFNA MBX R2 a couple years ago and I love running it but hate breaking it. [:@] Its the only real RC I have had so it seems really fast to me (.21) and so wrecks happen, and usually cost ~$50 in replacement parts [&o]

A buddy of mine wants to trade me some tools I need for the car and I am thinking of getting out from under it .... but I have no idea what I would want to get to replace it.

Open to most anything buggy, truck, truggy, monster, what ever is maximum fun [8D]

My idea of fun -

Same or faster than my R2
Likes to jump
4x4
nitro
AS INDESTRUCTABLE AS POSSIBLE
Cheap is good ..... if I need to build something to save cash thats fine ... plus I read that RTR engines aren't the best (I don't plan to race or anything, just want it to last)

Suggestions needed, pics help... thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 PM
ross_jsy

Default RE: ***What to get after OFNA MBX R2

indestructable? savage is pretty close to it. they are pretty rapid (straight line not cornering though) jump really well. is 4 x 4, nitro. its not the cheapest but it is well worth it and the stock engine isn't too shabby. plus there are tons of hop-ups available. there is the ss kit but im not sure if they still sell it (can some one clarify).

there are other mt's like revo's, lst's and the t-maxx(getting old though) that are all really good. my lst is a beast.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:02 PM
JFoster

Hmmm.... I really like the looks of the HPI Hell Fire

But, kinda high .... any input on the durability of a Hell Fire vs a Savage tmaxx etc ???
Old 01-04-2007, 11:00 PM
bboard1117
Banned

Have you thought about Team Losi [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0018]MUGGY[/link] or the Traxxas Revo [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=TRA5309]3.3[/link]/[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TRA5310]2.5[/link]

Old 01-05-2007, 12:58 AM
blue2charger

I WAS DECIDING BETWEEN THE HELLFIRE AND THE T-MAXX A FEW MONTHS AGO AND I WENT WITH THE T-MAXX FOR A FEW REASONS. 1.-TRAXXAS HAS A GREAT REPUTATION.2.- TRAXXAS'S ENGINE REPLACEMENT PLAN. 3.- DURABILITY AND MORE.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
JFoster

Is the tmaxx the cheapest choice so far?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
chrobar

yes I think so. The HPI Savage X SS is a great truck and is very tough. Take a look around some websites of the car's that you are choosing.