Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

new traxxas 3.3 engine NEED HELP PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new traxxas 3.3 engine NEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 AM
GogoAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new traxxas 3.3 engine NEED HELP PLEASE

I just bought a new traxxas 3.3 engine for my T-maxx but it wont start. I have already checked my glow plug, but it has spark. When the glow plug is out it will try to start but once I put the glow plug in it gets stuck or something and doesnt even try to start. Any ideas?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
running_gag

Default RE: new traxxas 3.3 engine NEED HELP PLEASE

you motor is hydro locked(flooded.) take your glow plug out, turn your truck upside down and hit the starter. that should clear it out.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:43 AM
DaveG55

If you do as running gag says and you don't get fuel out then all you're probably looking at is a new engine with tight pinch. Not an uncommon thing and it's really a good thing.
To start the engine try this;
First be sure the ez-start battery is fully charged.
If you have a seperate glow ignitor it's best to use it for break-in. If not, that's ok, the ez-start will work, it's just easier with a seperate ignitor.
Make sure that the engine will turn freely - meaning unstick it if it's stuck.
Loosen the glow plug 1/4 - 1/2 turn.
Using a heat gun or hairdryer heat the engine up until it's very, very warm - almost too hot to touch is ok.
With one hand (one finger really) cover the exhaust stinger and with the other insert the ez-start wand and press the button to spin the engine until you see fuel just reach the carb. Stop spinning the engine and remove your finger from the exhaust.
Now connect the glow ignitor/blue wire, plug in the ez-start and try starting the engine. Once the engine starts you'll need to snug the glow plug back down.
You may have to do this a few times but by the time you're through break-in the engine should start w/o the extra prep.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
GogoAZ

I THINK MY MOTOR IS TO COLD THAT IS Y IT ISNT STARTING THE TEMP IS 67 HOW HOT DOES IT NEED 2 BE 4 IT 2 START