Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mid range Beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid range Beginner?

Heya Folks,

I bought my 10 and 6 yr old sons a couple of ToysRUs remote control cars for Christmas that they love to drive, to the point I am replacing batteries constantly. I currently have an RC10GT nitro that they both drive and was thinking I might go ahead and buy them something to have of their own. I wanted to get something fairly reasonable for their age, durable (they like to play car tag ) and that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. I am glad to see that they are having so much fun with this cheap cars and seem to be getting into the whole R/C thing. I have been learning to fly an electric heli and I am getting ready to order me a super cub and they are just as excited as I am. So if you have any ideas or suggestions on what might be a good car(s) to look at, lemme know.

Thx,
Walkingtall
Old 01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
GT-R
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Mid range Beginner?

are they going to be really smashing them togeter? i think a good choise will be TRAXXAS STAMPEDE or RUSTLER, or if thats to big maybe you can go small and buy them mini t's or the 1/36 mini t.
they are all under the $200 price range

Franco R
Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
running_gag

I concur with the traxxas or an 1/18 scal like the mini-t or the rc18t. you might want to limit their speeds though.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I concur with the traxxas or an 1/18 scal like the mini-t or the rc18t.
you might want to limit their speeds though.
Yeah I agree, the XL5 stampede or rustler has a beginner/training mode, where you can limit the speed to 50%(I think).
Old 01-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Tyeide

OK billy its time to grow up throw this car away and get on with your life.
SANTA ISN'T REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 PM
bte214

I think the concensus would be to get the stampede or ruslter because they are built like tanks. And like associated driver said you can limit the speed on the new ones.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
chevy_jlewis

ya i would make sure you get 2 of the exact same car or truck so they dont fight. or you could show them about the helicopter when you get it and hopefully they will love that also.. and when they arelike 12 or 13 they will be able to upgrade to a nitro car or truck or even start to learn more into flying
Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 PM
running_gag

"upgrade" to nitro?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:41 PM
chrobar

I would say get some 1/18 scale cars like the associated ones. Those would be good for indoor fun as well as some off road "tag"
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Hey thanks for the replies everyone. I will take a look at both of them and make a decision. Would you peeps recommend getting a larger battery for larger runs or do the trucks come with fairly decent batteries?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Batteries not Included! RTR's are not really Ready To Run, need to buy batteries, chargers. Sizes for 1/10 are standard 6 cell sub-c stick pack, sometimes 7 cells, I think some smaller scales will accept standard 6 cell, but in different configuration, some have smaller cells.

Decide first what scale you want to get. Then when getting batteries, you want the higher mah rating.