Engine options, Saito 180 or?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 05:16 PM
cbreeze
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine options, Saito 180 or?

Greetings,

I am looking for some engine choice options. I want something to put on my 120 size Ultra Stick and Hanger 9 Cap. The Cap is the 73" ( I think) solid red ARF. I am considering the Saito 180 but would like some other engine options.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:59 AM
RICEC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with a gentleman on this same topic this afternoon...he is sponsored by JR R/C systems and an accomplished IMAC flyer. He said the Saito 150 is perfect for the H9 Cap 232...though he flies the giant scale now. The trend appears to be overpowering...great for going from hover to vertical, but othewise not necessary if you are not yet into this segment of the sport. I plan to use my OS 120 Suprpass II on my H9 Cap and he advised me on an APC prop and higher nitro fuel than typically recommended by 4c engine manufactuers. As I get my "wings" I will have a better feel for what I might need in power down the road. The OS is NIB from 1994, so I'll give it a whirl...
Old 02-19-2002, 05:31 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search on this subject in this forum, the ARF forum, the giant engines forum and you will find this topic has been discussed a lot. At least for the H9 CAP 232 1.20...

The leading choices are the Saito 1.80 for 4 cycle, and the O.S. 1.60FX for 2 cycle. There are many who are using the Moki 1.8 and 2.10. There are also some that are using the 1.4 to 2.7 c.i. gas engines. I personally have a Supre Tigre 3000 for mine.

Cheers!

Galen