Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

help!!.. not sure how i put this o.s flywheel togeather!!..lol/ pic inside!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

help!!.. not sure how i put this o.s flywheel togeather!!..lol/ pic inside!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:07 AM
itsnotskidding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!.. not sure how i put this o.s flywheel togeather!!..lol/ pic inside!

o.k im sorry for posting these msg's but i need more help...lol

i took out my 4.1 and instead of taking the flywheel of i bought a new one to go on my new o.s30vg.... it was a ho boa and i cant understand if im putting it on right!

the flywheel comes with 2 copper rings, i no one goes on the cb but is the other a spear?.. also when i put the copper cone on the o.s and put the flywheel on after it there seemed more of a gap than on my 4.1, this normall?? or do i have to wack it with a hammer and a lil grease behind it?....

then is my next problem, i bought a flywheel nut tool, dont work, !!..lol, am i using it wrong?... my nut is also a hoboa but on my hpi engine it is rounded of at the end so i cant see which way it goes on?.... and finally how the hell do you tighten the nut with out a tool designed for it...lol

many thanks again, you guys save my arse everyday...lol..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29565.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	604809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34295.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	604810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22291.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	604811  
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Chronic

Default RE: help!!.. not sure how i put this o.s flywheel togeather!!..lol/ pic inside!

I can't really help you there, but I bet 46U can. PM him. I know he had a problem getting the flywheel to seat when he swapped to a different style clutch. I've been lucky and the stock flywheel has worked on three different engines without any fuss. I even have a HPI flywheel on the engine in my LST2.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: help!!.. not sure how i put this o.s flywheel togeather!!..lol/ pic inside!

The HPI flywheel seems to be the 'one size fits all' flywheel. More than once i've heard of people using it on many different trucks and engines without problems. Cant help you with your new one either.

The wrench should work, its supposed to be universal with these types of flywheels.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, i had to take a pic of your pic to be able to edit it [sm=confused_smile.gif]. Your flywheel pins should fit in the holes i marked in red. If not then get your money back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37576.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	604998  
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
BCSavage

K I dunno about that tool, but if it don't fit, return it. As for the flywheel fitting. The gaps are going to be slightly different engine to engine. The nut goes on with the flat side towards the flywheel. Those also might be spacers you got to space the CB from the flywheel properly. Sometimes you have to play around with wasers inside and outside of the CB in order to let it spin freely with little slop.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
itsnotskidding

cheers guys, il have a play... just that tool realy annoys me..lol, il try and take it of the 4.1 with plyers and see if it fits onto my o.s better!..[>:]
Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Byte the dust

ORIGINAL: crash_alot

o.k im sorry for posting these msg's but i need more help...lol

i took out my 4.1 and instead of taking the flywheel of i bought a new one to go on my new o.s30vg.... it was a ho boa and i cant understand if im putting it on right!

the flywheel comes with 2 copper rings, i no one goes on the cb but is the other a spear?.. also when i put the copper cone on the o.s and put the flywheel on after it there seemed more of a gap than on my 4.1, this normall?? or do i have to wack it with a hammer and a lil grease behind it?....

then is my next problem, i bought a flywheel nut tool, dont work, !!..lol, am i using it wrong?... my nut is also a hoboa but on my hpi engine it is rounded of at the end so i cant see which way it goes on?.... and finally how the hell do you tighten the nut with out a tool designed for it...lol

many thanks again, you guys save my arse everyday...lol..

I believe that the gap you are talking about is between the crankcase and the flywheel, that is normal and when you tigt the nut, it will close a bit. The 2nd "brass cone" is spare.
Now the wrench is to hold the rods of the flywheel and you will need the other whench (cross one) to remove the nut from the crankshaft). I have the same flywheel wrench and it works perfect to me and also i installed the same flywheel on my 30 O.S.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
itsnotskidding

thank you soooo much dude!!...

il have that sorted tomorrow, now i no how it is done, cant thank you enough, cheers dude!!....
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 PM
-SomeGuy-

At this point im just wondering exactly how you were using that tool? Its made to hold the flywheel while you use another tool to remove the nut. Ever try removing the nut without locking the engine in some way? Not very effective. Anyways i hope you get it sorted out and get back to trucking .
Old 01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
itsnotskidding

you will laugh, i was trying to figure out how the tool held the pins and undid the nut..hahahaha!!!!....

but i understand it now...

cheers guys!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: crash_alot

you will laugh, i was trying to figure out how the tool held the pins and undid the nut..hahahaha!!!!....
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] You learn something new every day, thats whats so great about these forums.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:22 PM
itsnotskidding

haha well its nearly half tweleve here in england so im off to bed!.. peace and good chatting to you all...]
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
BCSavage

lmfao, the all-in-wonder flywheel tool
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 AM
itsnotskidding

bcsavage...

would that just not be the best tool in the world....lol....

Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 AM
BCSavage

it'd be the second best, the first best is the one that washes my clothes, does the dishes, walks the dog and wipes my... uh, awkward :S lol
Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
itsnotskidding

ha ha, i have one of them as it goes!!....
Old 01-24-2007, 03:43 PM
BCSavage

Me too, I married her
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
itsnotskidding

ha ha... well you have one up on me there, mine is more of a part time investment...lol....[X(]
Old 01-24-2007, 04:17 PM
BCSavage

lmao, yah I got the "no refunds / no exchanges" policy cuz it was cheaper :S
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
itsnotskidding

ha ha ha... like that one.. peace dude, thinking we should stop posting as our little chat, always top of the forum..haha... maybe we can exchange them on e.bay!!...
Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
BCSavage

lmao, ok bubba. Good talk. I think I'd get murdered if she knew what we were yippin' about lol
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
itsnotskidding

lol, was thinking the same...