Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

HydroFoam - My Saga

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 PM
BaronJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HydroFoam - My Saga

Hi,

I have recently bought one of these HydroFoam all-in-one vehicles which worked fine. Then things started to go a bit wrong.

Bought on eBay, possibly a Tiger II or Thunder!!!
At first, my son managed to reset the configuration of the receiver from LiPo to NiMH and this caused it to start bleeping. Try as I might I was struggling to understand the instructions regarding the bleep sequences. We then had issues with the charging of the LiPo battery pack that came with the kit - it seemed to not want to charge - no charge light on charger. At this point we left it to one side hoping that we could work it out later.
Anyway, whilst trying to charge the battery pack we experienced a house fire which took out the upstairs of the house, don't know whether this was the cause or not. The fire took out the Transmitter, Charger and battery pack along with other things.
We have replaced the items that were destroyed with new parts and have had to use a spare set of crystals. Unfortunatly, when everything is connected and switched on the servos just glitch with some control from the Tx but not much.
Can anyone advise me on what checks i can make to see where the main problem is?
Also, will the fact that the Rx was set to NiMH instead of LiPo be causing me more problems?
Just to make matters worse, we do not have the instruction booklet that explains the programming/bleeps!!! Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

BaronJ
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Mohillbilly

Default RE: HydroFoam - My Saga

First of all Lipo batterys should never be charged in the house. They will explode if over charged, or damaged. You ebay planes charger might have over charged the battery and started the fire. Ok back to the plane, the ESC set to nimh will let the lipo dicharge too low in voltage and will damage the lipo making if puff up and lose power if it lives and dose not blowup again. DO NOT CHARGE A PUFFED LIPO! Are the replacement parts the same as the old ones or are they a diffrent brand? The crystals HAVE to be the same channle and the RX and TX have to be the same shift. If you can post more info I can help you much better and might be able to help program you ESC too. I need to know these things:

Transmitter - brand/channel
Receiver - Brand/channel
Lipo - Brand/mah/c-rate or amp rating/number of cells
ESC - Brand/jumpers or not
Charger - Brand/connector type (I.E. small with 3 or 4 wires, or the main plug that you plug into the plane.
Plane - Brand/servo how many and brand.

Pictures of any or all this stuff will help a TON! links work too but I can't get to ebay on this PC so will not help me but night help others.

Mo.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
BaronJ

Hi Mo.

Looks like I may have solved most of my problems by trying new crystals. This has given me back control of the system and enabled me to re-set the battery mode to Lipo. (Sometimes the simple things make a big difference)

Well thank you very much for your advice regarding the battery charging, I will make sure we do not leave them charging without monitoring them.
Had the crystals not helped, I would have needed your assistance badly!!!

Thanks again.

BaronJ
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Mohillbilly

Np, glad to be at least some help, Didn't mean to sound hard on you but Lipo's have to be treated properly. Sorry for your loss BTW and have fun.

Mo.