Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

e-savage diff issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-savage diff issues

I just bought my 15 year old brother-inlaw a new e-savage. well He has had it for 3 days now and broken the rear diff twice. He has only driven it about 5 or 6 times on my race track and thats it(almost no abuse). The part that is braking is the peice that hooks to the drive shaft(it brakes at the set screw hole) So my question is does anyone make one that is stronger? Does anyone make cvds for it too?

Also I have another issue is that the speed control doesnt want to work all the time. You have to turn it on and off about 4 or 5 time to get it to register the radio??? Has anyone else had this issue ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 AM
amwhite2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-savage diff issues

You could upgrade the diffs to the 6 gear ones, the ones that nitro savages have. If that is the gears you are talking about. I havent CVDs yet, but give it time and HPI will probably make something.

You would probably be better of in some electric forum for your speed controller problem, as the people here dont use them.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: e-savage diff issues

First off, the stock E's diffs are weak 2 bevel gear types. I don't know if nitro Savage diff parts will work in the E's diff cases as I'd imagine the nitro parts would be bigger. I see this as a big problem when people start dropping in modified motors and throwing on bigger, heavier tires. As for the part you are breaking, it sounds like it is the pinion shaft or the drive cup. Shoot HPI a email and ask them what's up and if they have any upgraded parts for this problem. You aren't the only person that has had this issue as the diffs seem to be the E's biggest weakness so far.

edit-If anyone wants a E Savage, I'd wait until the 2nd release happens. It's highly likely this truck will have upgraded parts...just like the various nitro Savages over the years.