Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Ex project questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 PM
casualvic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Ex project questions

well, the project for me is to get my x running for a long time. usually I run it then something goes wrong..........every time!!!!!! it's as if this thing is cursed!!!!! but I have a series of questions that I need help in, so here they go, please help me out.

1. my x runs and when it hit's second gear, it seems to slow down and kinda stall, it will lose speed, not every single time but it does it often.

2. what in the world can I do to keep my beast from flipping!!!!!! I saw the shock towers by FLM and it says you can lower your shock position. Wondering if anyone has done that.

3. is there a web site with awsome prices on stock parts like spur gear and stuff like that

4. has anyone had problems with stock spur gear/clutch bell

5. there are different teeth on spur gear and clutchbell/ what combo would give me hi speed?

thats about it, until I remember
also I ordered the Tower Terror, 1/10 truck. will give review when I get it. thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Chronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage Ex project questions

1. my x runs and when it hit's second gear, it seems to slow down and kinda stall, it will lose speed, not every single time but it does it often.

---Tune the engine properly

2. what in the world can I do to keep my beast from flipping!!!!!! I saw the shock towers by FLM and it says you can lower your shock position. Wondering if anyone has done that.

--- Don't bother with aftermarket towers if you just want to lower the truck using the stock shocks. Make some internal shock limiters to keep the shafts from fully extending. This will lower the truck and actually control traction rolling better than just relocating the shock mounting positions.

3. is there a web site with awsome prices on stock parts like spur gear and stuff like that

--- Ebay. My last orders were for a X SS steel spur, X SS slipper clutch, vented 17T bell, flywheel, CB bearings, new set of suspension arms, hinge pins and braces... I think I paid about $30 for all of it. Ebay chopshops are your friend.

4. has anyone had problems with stock spur gear/clutch bell

--- Unless it's just defective parts, there are only a few reasons to have trouble here. The stock clutchshoes suck, and they will slip and heat up the spur, causing it to melt. The most common cause of trouble is a bad gear mesh. Either you set it wrong or some screws loosened up and it got thrown out of whack.

5. there are different teeth on spur gear and clutchbell/ what combo would give me hi speed?

--- Once the engine is tuned correctly, you can play around with different gearing if you still want to.