Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brision Engine Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
tcastner
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brision Engine Bearing

Hey guys,Got a question I'm in need of replacing the front bearing on a brison 3.2 and perhaps the rear two any of ya have any experince in doing that and were can a bearings purchested.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Brision Engine Bearing

RCIGN1 (here on RCU) is the man to contact for parts and/or service.
rcignitions.com
Old 02-09-2007, 09:48 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any bearing supply house will have the bearings in stock. I just put a set in a precision Eagle 4.2 today. Picked them at a bearing supplier and spent about $30 for all 3.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Brison uses a non-sealed bearing, so to do the complete bearing change you need two bearings plus a seal.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
sengli
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya what they said. The bearings are nothing special, I replaced mine as well. What I did find find on mine is that the crank had actually been spinning in the front bearing. This caused the shoulder of the crank to be worn down and cause excessive play in the from bearing, prop hub assembly. My engine actaully ran great, but it would shake and vibrate terribly. Had to machine a bushing to be pressed on the crank, and actually turn dow the crank to get the thing centered again. Plus on mine I noticed that the front part of the crank does not protrude thru the bearing all the way. So far I have not run this yet, but there is absolutely no more slop in the output shaft. Have you found anyone who is going to have parts for this engine anymore?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:03 PM
tcastner
My Feedback: (5)

Hey thanks guy's for all the info and most all was right on,B & J Model Engines Service does service on them ( Owner Bill Jensen will sell the bearings and seals out right) how ever I would call and tell him the bearing no# and seal no#.
After further investgating I found the bearing at Boca Bearings under the bearing number and not applacation I found that the rear bearing was the worn one it wore on the crank the crank was O K rear bearing race was softer.
This is the first time rebuilding a Brision and it's not diffcult at all I took lots of pictures of together and apart. It started right up sounds good 6350 rpm w/bme 22/8 idle 1350
good luck and thanks again