Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

cermark service

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

cermark service

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
crashhappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cermark service

just got to vent
i think the return policy of cermark sucks. i ordered a pitts s2b got it got it all put together & 1 of the blind nuts in the wing is way to big the strut bolt will not tighten up. call cermark they want me to pay shipping to send the wing back to them then they will send me a new wing. so now ill have to wait 2 weeks because there Q.C. missed this. why should i pay shipping for there mess up.[:@]
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: cermark service

I wouldn't pay shipping for something that was wrong with a product I purchased. Thanks for the heads up. I always look at someone's service policies prior to doing business with them.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
carrellh

Even though it doesn't seem right, a huge number of companies make you pay to ship back defective merchandise. Maxtor & Western Digital are like this for hard drives. Most of the RC hobby companies do business this way. Some will send a prepaid shipping label if you ask, and get the right person on the phone.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
IAMKAOS

6 months ago i bought a tower hobbies uproar .40 arf from them. i did not examine the plane until i started to build it two weeks later. the plane had serious problems with one wing panel and a warped fuselage. it cost me $17.50 to send it back to tower. they even sent me a notice admitting the plane was faulty and apoligized for the product. but they would not refund or give me credit for my shipping back to them. i argued with them twice on the phone about it but to no avail. i have been a customer of t.h. for many years and they had never treated me like that before. since then i do not buy from them much anymore. a lot of these mail order companies are going that way. its sad.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for Cermarks customer sevice. This is typical.
Another reason why I quit using Tower several years ago.
"You don't stand behind what you sell, I don't buy."[sm=thumbs_down.gif]