Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help my car wont STOP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Telloman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help my car wont STOP!!!!!

First off let me say thanks again for the advice on the restrictor. I have a RC 10GTplus RTR, I am having trouble with the brakes, I can not get it to stop to save my life, or someone elses, lol. I have adjusted the screws to make the spring on the rod tighter, no difference. Do I need to make it alot tighter? Looser? I almost nailed 2 Mailboxes, and 1 tree yesterday because of this. I have a feeling I wont be so lucky today! LOL. Please help.....

TelloMan
Old 02-12-2003, 01:51 PM
hoodiegadoo

does the servo arm try to brake when you have the car stopped in front of you or does it only give it gas?
Old 02-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Telloman

When I hit the brake it will move the arm, but just wont slow it down.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:08 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TelloMan,

On your brake linkage, there are 2 collars. You need to move both of them toward your servo (make the linkage length between the collars and the servo a little shorter.

Step 1: Center your adjustment knob for forward / reverse on your radio

Step 2: Adjust your throttle linkage in your truck accordingly (need to make sure your servo will have enough brake throw)

Step 3: With your engine off and your radio gear on, loosen both collars on the brake linkage. Apply full breaks on your radio. While the brakes are still fully applied, turn off your truck. This will keep your servo in the full brake position.

Step 4: Pull on the break lever until your truck has strong brakes. Note where this is on your brake linkage. Slide the rear collar up and compress the spring about half way against the brake lever and tighten it.

Step 5: Turn your radio and truck electronics on. With your throttle / brake servo in the neutral position, put the brake lever in the neutral position (brake lever pointing straight out the side of the truck). Slide the front collar to the brake lever and tighten.

Step 6: Apply full brakes on your radio and see what you get. If you don't have brakes, see if your carburetor linkage is stopping the servo from turning as far as it needs to (if this is the case, the servo will be straining). If it is, you need to back off the tension on the spring there (basically the same steps as for the brakes).

Step 7: Fine tune your linkages (you should be very close by now)

Good luck
Old 02-12-2003, 02:10 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Well then its not applying pressure on the pads then
MAke sure you didnt forget to install that little plastic thing that redirects the pressure from the servo to the brake pads

What kind of servo is it? if its a cheap servo, it may not have the power. But this is unlikely. It sounds like your not getting any braking at all.

Braking is very easy to test.. roll the chassis and see if it brakes when you do so. Whatever you do, dont try to do a stop from full speed without knowing that your brakes do work

Also I would highly reccomend a throttle return spring. This thing will not only cut your throttle but also apply slight braking if your servo loses power
-ram
Old 02-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Telloman

Thank you i8tweety, I will try that tonight and let you know tomorrow how it works! I appreciate your help.
TelloMan
Old 02-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Telloman

Also thank you Buggie!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 11:34 PM
tylern

Default about your car

you need to look at your servos and bake shur tey areworking rigt.then the batts.are god.then just turnon the radioand rec.to seewere the gas arm is at.if it is running to fast then it willnot stop easy.but if te gas is at idle then the carshould stop.thee is a armthat should move back or forwarf to stop the car,,all in to ajustment.and look at your brakes to boot ok let me know if youy needmor help
Old 02-13-2003, 07:17 AM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

Default Re: about your car

Originally posted by tylern
you need to look at your servos and bake shur tey areworking rigt.then the batts.are god.then just turnon the radioand rec.to seewere the gas arm is at.if it is running to fast then it willnot stop easy.but if te gas is at idle then the carshould stop.thee is a armthat should move back or forwarf to stop the car,,all in to ajustment.and look at your brakes to boot ok let me know if youy needmor help
Spell check is a wonderful tool LOL