Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat Titan SE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat Titan SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:01 AM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jetcat Titan SE

Any info, such as thrust, throttle response, available on this new version of the Titan?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat Titan SE

What makes it an SE? Can my NIB Titan be upgraded?
Dom
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the Titan, The throttle response is improved from idle to about 50% throttle, the rest is the same. I believe the thrust is also the same. The ECU is rev 6.0 now.. The P120 has throttle improvements all ove the erange, Bob Wilcox MAY have mentioned something like 4 seconds from idle to full!!! Do not take this number to the bank but I believe it is close!!!

This is a very welcomed improvement for JC...

Late Titans and P120's can be upgraded AFTER the Jetcat move!!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
MaJ. Woody

Where and when is Jetcat Moving?

My Titan was Purchased 4 months ago and shipped from Jetcat USA. What do they need sent back to update it? Can you send the ECU only?

Thanks again!!
Dom
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Hey Dom: You have to send the turbine and ecu and may be the pump. I would wait for a short while thu. The Titian has a very good spool up time compared to the P120. A call to them will give you better answers..
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I flew the Titan SE at Florida Jets and love the motor. Thrust is very strong, but the throttle response is like nothing you have seen before. It takes a few parts inside the motor as well as an ECU upgrade.

I believe for those that have been delivered in teh last 6 months, Bob and company will upgrade for around $350 +/- a few bucks. Well worth the mods in my opinion.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
MaJ. Woody

Thanks Guys!!
Dom
Old 03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
JoelP

Hey John,

I'm more interested in thrust output. Jetcat needs a 36lb thrust motor!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
AirPac Models

I saw the new Titan SE in Florida Jets. I was very impress with the quick response. According to Bob Wilcox the exsisting Titan can sent back to upgrade.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
John Redman

Hey Joel,

In due time buddy.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I could hear Dave Presta with the prototype Titan at speedworld goosing the throttle on the Tams Hornet. It sounded almost instant on the stick movement, very impressive. Bob Wilcox was all smiles...

V..
Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
uncljoe

ORIGINAL: Vincent

I could hear Dave Presta with the prototype Titan at speedworld goosing the throttle on the Tams Hornet. It sounded almost instant on the stick movement, very impressive. Bob Wilcox was all smiles...

V..
Semper Fi
joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88835.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	637254  
Old 03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks Joe!! there you have it...

V..
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello everyone,

It is easy to slam a turbines acceleration curve by just pumping in tons of fuel; it took a lot of work to make a fast accelerating turbine that would maintain the level of reliability that JetCat demands. Based on the reaction of the demonstrations at Florida Jets, the SE (Special Edition) turbines will be very popular.

Seeing is believing, so we want to wait until we have a little video produced before we post a whole lot more information. There will be a more formal announcement later this week, but here are some highlights:

- The SE turbines have greatly improved throttle response. The change in response in real world conditions is very dramatic. You will see for yourself.

- Certain recent P-120s and Titans can be retrofit for a nominal charge. JetCat USA is working on an exact serial number "cut in" (I know this is what everyone wants to know).

- There is no change to the price of a new P-120SE/Titan SE compared to the P-120/Titan.

On a side note, JetCat USA is moving about 200 miles up the California coast. When the transition occurs, Bob will let everyone know. All of the same employees are going as well so there will be no reduction in service levels.

Regards,

Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
ghost_rider

Mr. Matt

Thanks for the information. I’m glad I did not call Mr. Bob Wilcox back a week and half ago to order a new P-120 that would replace the one I pulverized during my BobCat crash. I will wait few more weeks for you guy to workout all the logistics before calling JetCat USA for my new P-120. Heck, I might as well go for a Titan and turn it down.

Regards

Ben
Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
fredstyle

I flew the new P120SE in my Tamjet F16 at FJ for the first time. The throttle response was amazing making the high alpha dirty passes easy to do. Idle to high throttle is around 3 seconds and less than two seconds from quarter throttle to full. This almost cuts the times in half from the non SE 120. Not only do we get reliablility from Jetcat we get great throttle response. Who could ask for anything more?

Russ
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Bob_Wilcox
My Feedback: (1)

That is a scary looking smile
Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Rider-60
My Feedback: (17)

Is it a new mod from Usa only or will jetcat europe change their design as well?

thanks
Florent
Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Reverend Russ

Sorry for the confusion. I was logged on to my friends rcuniverse account when I posted about the P-120SE at FJ.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14877.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	637879  
Old 03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Joe McBride
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Bob_Wilcox

That is a scary looking smile
I think the word is sinister...
Old 03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I just received my brand new P-120 2 weeks ago directly from the JetCat factory. (s/n:2269)
This is my first turbine so I cannot compare it to other JetCat's but my friends that have a couple of older JetCat's, where amazed about the throttle respons!
The ECU version says 5.1E so I don't know if it is the "SE" version.
We tested the turbine last week, see for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnDzKLvdPxc
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Hello everyone,

It is easy to slam a turbines acceleration curve by just pumping in tons of fuel; it took a lot of work to make a fast accelerating turbine that would maintain the level of reliability that JetCat demands. Based on the reaction of the demonstrations at Florida Jets, the SE (Special Edition) turbines will be very popular.

Seeing is believing, so we want to wait until we have a little video produced before we post a whole lot more information. There will be a more formal announcement later this week, but here are some highlights:

- The SE turbines have greatly improved throttle response. The change in response in real world conditions is very dramatic. You will see for yourself.

- Certain recent P-120s and Titans can be retrofit for a nominal charge. JetCat USA is working on an exact serial number "cut in" (I know this is what everyone wants to know).

- There is no change to the price of a new P-120SE/Titan SE compared to the P-120/Titan.

On a side note, JetCat USA is moving about 200 miles up the California coast. When the transition occurs, Bob will let everyone know. All of the same employees are going as well so there will be no reduction in service levels.

Regards,

Any timeframe for these new turbines to be shipping out to customers? If I ordered a TitanSE today when would I receive it in Ohio?

Thank you!

Dave
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

I heard about 4-6 weeks. I will reconfirm today.

Regards,

Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Q8_HAWK

Mr Matt

Any Changes In The Fuel Consumption ?
Regarding The Titan ?

Thank's

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Hello everyone,

Regards,

Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

As I understand it from my conversation with Bob Wilcox at FJ, all new engines with the 6.0 rev ECU will also have a major electronic change.
No matter what engine you have, the 6.0 ECU will be the same, P-60 through P-200. The ECU will no longer be engine size specific.

The engine mounted electronics will tell the ECU what size engine it is talking to. It will then be easier to manufacture just one ECU than one for every size engine. The engine circuitry mounted under the engine cowl is different for every engine core size/diameter anyway, so why not add the required engine identity changes at that level?
This is my assumption, based on the five current diameters of the engines in the JetCat line-up.

Sounds to me that JetCat has made a good "ease of manufacturing change" since the ECU is probably the most labor and cost intensive part of the electronic package. Save a few Euros here, a few there in their manufacturing processes is good for the consumer in the end. As an old aerospace manufacturing/test engineer, I see it as a good change with the possibility of enough long term cost savings potential to help hold the production costs down. That is a plus for us consumers.

Bob Wilcox, did I get this right?

I'm going to have two P-120's and two Titans modified as soon as the parts are available.

Harley Condra
BVM REP
JetCat REP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.