Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

twisting the carbs venturi

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

twisting the carbs venturi

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default twisting the carbs venturi

a new take on an old design,if you were to put a twist in the carbs venturi say based on that air cleaner style that came out a few years back,by increasing the airflow speed,would this have a positive effect......[:-]
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
yeeharacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: twisting the carbs venturi

I do believe it would cause some tornado effect furthering the atomization of the fuel, causing a better burn.

Becareful that you don't get too much of a burn you could hurt the engine causing detonation.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
JFACKY

you really wouldn't have to twist the whole venturi, just add a double curved vaine (think propeller.)at the top of the throttle bore.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
yeeharacing

Kind of like the tornado for full size cars?

I've got one on my van and it works great.

You'd probably get better fuel milage then too, if it works the same.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
mopartybob

yes thats exactly the principle,hhmmmmm,time fer a brewski.......
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

and on with the gimmiks lol.. no offence here and this is not a flame post but this is just silly... might as well strap an RB supercharger onto your open port 2 stroke glow engine.. itll prolly do more .. an no.. they dont work..

to create MORE power BETTER burn and BETTER atomization you need to do only 2 things.. STRAIGHTEN and SPEED UP airflow those type of devices have been proven by like .. oh 50 independant research companies to do more harm than good.. a turbulent airflow = slow sluggish and you wont get the correct mixture

think rice rocket.. the point of the "cold air intake" .. while some are meant to actually deliver cold air most dont.. and create a straightening of the air THUS INCREASING the speed of the air and in turn increasing horsepower AND fuel economy ..

to reiterate from another point of view.. turbo charging the forcing of air into a cylinder to increase volumetric efficiency so it turbulates the air in the turbine.. then slams it out straight and true at a much higher speed and pressure than normal this is the same effect a good hilborne stack has.. just not to the max effect of a pressurized line

there is however a way to not turbulate the air AND get better atomization.. it involes puttin a screen at the base of the carb to break the heavy fuel apart into smaller bits causing it to atomize better but.. the way our engines deal with fuel after leaving the carb may negate this effect

in the end .. not really a rant.. just some usefull information
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 AM
mopartybob

useful indeed...the point i was trying to make was that even a silly speculation could have merit,and with "out of the box" thinking comes some good natured fun AND idea's,the restraints imposed on us to remain on topic only limits our imaginations and in whole keeps us all "in the box".......[:'(]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would question just how much of a restriction the blade would apply to the incoming air flow. Considering the flow of the air I can see plenty of "turbulence" inside a Zenoah.

What about just exploring further the benifits of the good old tuned pipe and port timing optimization. I promise you will see more benifit from a tuned pipe than any tornado venturi.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 AM
mopartybob

I agree,but lets exhaust all the known common hop-ups and timing tricks shall we? how about a hotter spark to be sure we're burnin all that we cram in there? there was mention before about improving atomization...a question was posted in ? about the pros and cons of velocity stacks...why they work\don't work....i'm sure we're missing out on something somewhere.....[:-]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

the best thing you can do is polish the bore infront of the pinch point (venturi) to a mirror finish no matter how much you twist the air once it leaves the "Tornado" it will leave in a straight line
here is a cross section of a velocity stack which is the most efficient, its 5 to 8% better than a square inlet
Attached Images