Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

forabuck 's hulls

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

forabuck 's hulls

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
wayneuk01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forabuck 's hulls

!!Firstly i dont want this post to be a splash hull ***** fight!! simple questions requireing simple answers
Has anyone experiance with vern's hulls what are they like ? either 50" cat or 48" -51" deep v they look good but i no looks can be deceiving ..Also what sort of speeds are they capable of ..
Old 03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
45deepvee

Default RE: forabuck 's hulls

my hull was made by vern, is a 60 inch cat. no problems with mine.

www.plumkrazyrcboats.com used to sell verns hulls. has soem boats built in his gallery and has some speeds posted.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Has anyone experiance with vern's hull are they any good
Which means ????
If your referring to quality ? yes , the glass work is good and even , BUT , the joining is something to be desired . The gelcoat is second to none !
His boats , as with many others , need some time and patience to work them in and get the settings just right .
Speeds over , what is posted on PLUMCRAZY , can , and have been accomplished .
If your looking for a GOOD , cheap , fun boat , then look no further , but , if your looking for strickly a racer , then go on down the road .
And please do NOT think I am knocking Verns hulls in one bit , becuase I think that there IS potential in them , just not a lot of folks have really taken the time to tune them in and set them up , as they would with a known racing hull .
Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
wayneuk01

Iam looking for something fast to build over the next few months. Ive already a large 72" mid 30's single powered mild mod bonzai engine that i will end up making twin inlines soon .But its a little heavey for a hour at the lake here and there so going to make it my sunday boat eventually. I Also like the prestwich carbon kevlar boat but see forabucks on the auction & thought id ask people opinions .Iam also currently building a aeromarine avenger for my dad with a bonzai 26cc mild mod 2 as he's fed up watching me using my boat & now wants to join in
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy the prestwich kevlar boat its baked in an oven vacume formed guaranteed no hooks or twists in it ,it looks a top class hull.ive read a few bad things about verns hulls in the past why risk it .theres no comparison between a cheap copy and a carbon kevlar boat made by a reputable builder!!.this the one you meant?this one and a vern hull are simply worlds apart!!!
[link]http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/panther46.htm[/link]
Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

My opinion is your dad is going to spank your ass with the Avenger if you get any boat from forabuck with the same motor,not knock anyones hull but have had experience with 2 of his hulls and they are OK hulls but do not like to go fast they are good play boats,but do you really want your dad to be faster,once again I am not knock any hull because you can have a blast with any of them if you know what I mean, Peace
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
wayneuk01

yeah thats the one just pm 'ed dave to ask if it has stringers installed .It looks v v nice
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM
wayneuk01

lol !! I will have to de tune his boat either way as if he drives it anything like my fg stadium truck he's gona require insurance ...lol!!!!
ORIGINAL: gasfreak

My opinion is your dad is going to spank your ass with the Avenger if you get any boat from forabuck with the same motor,not knock anyones hull but have had experience with 2 of his hulls and they are OK hulls but do not like to go fast they are good play boats,but do you really want your dad to be faster,once again I am not knock any hull because you can have a blast with any of them if you know what I mean, Peace
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM
martno1fan

dont see whay it wouldnt to be honest!! i agree it is a beutifull boat one of the best ive seen.and fast from what ive seen of it on video.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 PM
wayneuk01

hes both in stock with or without stringers installed only concern is trying to drill through the kevlar to fit rudder etc etc
ORIGINAL: martno1fan

dont see whay it wouldnt to be honest!! i agree it is a beutifull boat one of the best ive seen.and fast from what ive seen of it on video.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
martno1fan

ask him to do it for you lol sounds like you got plenty of cash lol .this is a race boat not a play boat you know!!.
[link]http://media.putfile.com/dave-marles-panther-with-zen-7[/link]
Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
wayneuk01

who plays at the lake if theres other boats around ???
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
wayneuk01

Thats not the kevlar one but it still haulls ***** .
Old 03-14-2007, 07:08 PM
martno1fan

its still the same hull ,puma!!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
DaveMarles

You can drill through a kevlar boat for the strut etc without difficulty, but you don't want to try cutting it to fit extra airscoops etc. One of the good things about epoxy boats is that the gel coat does not crack or craze even with crash damage.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 PM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

wow that was fast !!! what speeds is that hull runnin
Old 03-15-2007, 03:53 AM
martno1fan

all i can say is it looks fassssssssssst with daves zen 7 in it ,i want one but doubt the wife will allow it [&o].
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 AM
wayneuk01

purchase one and keep it in the shed for a few weeks & tell her your building another she will be so pleased with your work and may want one her self
Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 AM
martno1fan

now your letting all your secrets out mate !!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
boat 58

Bought the 60" cat some years ago from him when it was called VECTOR MARINE, the bottom of the hull was perfect but the top deck has a few spider cracks in the gel coat around the top deck by the hatch. Paid extra for a rear handle for the boat, never got it, sent emails never heard anything. Thought he was out of business until I saw this forum.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
wayneuk01

hi spoke to dave today after numerous emails both ways and questions and more questions lol and orderd the glass panther as the kevlar did not have any advantage other than strength and those good looks but its a fun boat so will not be a problem it will be here in the morning for me to start building going to pull the engine from my cig 72 till the new one arrives also got a new waterproof radio box from maplins and made my own top secret style servo mounts from ally90 angle and help from my jig saw also got new servo 1/4 scale hitec 805bb for steering and have a spare specktrum still so will be putting it to use finaly ..Also with the diffrence i saved over the kevlar one i purchased a tunedpipe and stainless mainfold will post some pics soon ..I gona go try and sleep now before the courier turns up with it
Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 AM
45deepvee

yea i may actually later on down the road like to get oen of these hulls in kevlar. thing looks fast. maybe ill upgrade my vee hull
Old 03-18-2007, 10:47 AM
wayneuk01

They are v v nice i built it up yesterday just wating for the radio box to get mounted and the exhaust to arrive oh & the fuel tank its alomst transparent opake i think thats how u spell it the one i got and the kevlar ones only advantage is the strength but the one i got is still 10 times stronger than a normal fiberglass layup apparently as they are layed in a ceramic mould with epoxy and then either glass or kelvlar laid over then vacumed & baked for 70+ hrs ..& has a super smooth finish.. so far one happy customer
Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
martno1fan

glad your pleased with it wayne they really sound special especially the way they are made etc.a step up from anything else you have i bet?.dont forget to post a build thread on it we would all love to see this boat come together.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Believe It
Banned

looked fast, but a little loose. Looks like it woulda been dead wood with some other boats choppin the water up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.