Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI nitro MT Racer engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 01:45 AM
newbie28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI nitro MT Racer engine?

Hi, I just bought my first RC car, a HPI RS4 MT Racer version. I want to bolt in as much small block HP that I can(for around $200). I am currently considering the Sirio tx-18 and the Orion Wasp .18. I have a couple of questions though, I know the Sirio makes 1.9HP according to their website, does anybody know how much power the Orion makes? And which engine do you guys feel would be the better value(as far as price/performance and durability). If anybody has any other engine ideas that they feel can compete with these two, please feel free to suggest them, thanks.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:03 AM
nunnya

I'm pretty new at this too but isn't 1.9 hp a pretty hight claim, i dunno just doesn't sound right. Right now i'm getting a novarossi cx-12 pullstart for my rc10gt. (160)
Old 02-19-2003, 01:38 AM
newbie28

1.9 HP does seem high but thats what they claim, and from what I have read about the trinity nitros it seems possible. Apparently they are monster motors, when they are running right. I have read/heard that they are pretty finicky engines, and I have changed my mind and decided to get something a little less exotic for my first nitro, an O.S. CV-R .15, supposedly it has 1.2HP. After considering my options, this seems like a better fit for me, instead of the biggest engine I can fit in my truck.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:27 AM
jerniganrx7

Default stuff in power

hpi rs4 seem to handle really well with .12, or .15 engines because of theyre low and light and some produce great power, the sirio 18-
is a good choice but only thing to consider is the weight and handling characteristics, the choice i would go with would be the sirio 18, friend has one in his maxx, it just hauls. but orion is a good company especially theyre electic mods. but if were up to me i would go with a megatech .16 good torque and rpm, also cheap and reliable.