Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Need Help pls, FSone, can't get landing gear to work !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Need Help pls, FSone, can't get landing gear to work !

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 AM
FatBoy123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help pls, FSone, can't get landing gear to work !

Hello everyone and thank you for your time.

I'm using a basic Futaba 4 channel radio with the Fsone, and for the life of me I can not assign a keyboard key to activate the landing gear. It is SO damn complex.

can anyone walk me through on how to setup a key on the keyboard to activate the landing gear?

Thanking you all in advance.

[]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
MSelig

Default RE: Need Help pls, FSone, can't get landing gear to work !

Here's a description of using the Futaba 4-channel in the sim (FAQ below). If you want to fly w/ an airplane that has retracts, then start/copy the FS One Tx for that airplane (e.g. the P-51) in the Tx group mentioned in this FAQ:

http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/#Q1027-FS1

Take a look at the FS One Flight Manual for the airplane/Tx that you start with. The gear is usually tied to Key-4. Click on the "Flight Manual" button to see the assignments.

I hope that helps.

Michael
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 AM
FatBoy123

Thank you very much Michael for your reply, my goodness I can't believe how complicated they made this sim, for an older person who is not very computer illiterate, this will almost be IMPOSSIBLE to setup.

I will try what you said and report back my results.

Thanks again. [&o]
Old 03-22-2007, 12:34 AM
MSelig

My advice for an older person would be to get the one w/ the TacCon controller. In that case, it is truly plug and play.

The challenge comes in when trying to use a 4-channel radio w/ the sim that's optimized for 8 channels (which is what the TacCon puts out). So you're at the low end of the spectrum w/ the a 4-channel radio. Having said that it does ALL work w/ a 4-channel radio. For instance the MiG has a large number of functions: ailerons, throttle, rudder, elevator, flaps, wheel brakes, airbrakes. That's a lot of functions!! But even w/ a 4-channel radio we've made ALL functions work. The keyboard in this case has to get used to work like the channels you're missing w/ only 4 channels on the radio.

Another fact is this:
In real life the connection is: Radio to airplane.
With the sim, the connection is Radio to computer to airplane.

So the computer does get in the way and requires channel remapping (sometimes) and also calibration, and it can be confusing at first and I know there are things we intend to add to make it easier.

But again, the version w/ the TacCon controller eliminates the challenges that come along w/ using a 4-channel radio w/ the sim.

Now, having said all that, if you need help, please let us know. If you want to do it by phone, this is the number:
Horizon Product Support @ (877) 504-0233

Regards,
Michael