Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Starting engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Starting engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
packcrna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting engine

Hi all. I got a newbie question. I got an Enforcer Man O War. I live in NE Ohio and the lakes are still cold. I want to start the engine for the first time, but I am afraid I will damage the engine starting it on my work bench. Can anyone explain so a newbie would understand how I could start it without damaging anything. Detailed instructions with pictures for slow learners would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Paul M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting engine

Does the boat have a clutch and a water pump? If so you can put the water inlet in a bucket and let it run without a problem. If you don't, there's a guy on ebay that sells an adapter for your garden hose that will allow you to run water through the cooling head. If your handy, you can probably get a few things from the hardware store and make it work. As long as you have water going through the cooling head you'll be fine.

Tony at WHH once gave me the 3 second rule. He said if you can hold your hand on the cooling head for 3 seconds your ok.